How many legs does Apple's chair have?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Mr Skills, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

I remember a while ago Steve Jobs talked about Apple being like a chair (or maybe table?) with 4 legs - Mac, iPhone, iPod and AppleTV.

At WWDC he pointedly used the same analogy, but this time showed a picture of a chair with only 3 legs - no mention of AppleTV.

Is Steve tacitly admitting that AppleTV is not going to be that big a part of the company?

2. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I think it was because Apple had nothing :apple:TV related to talk about during the WWDC keynote.

3. Hushbull macrumors member

Hushbull

I guess he might be tired of everyone already squatting on the AppleTV.
    But it's so warm! :p

4. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

The tv has yet to go mainstream in the consumer market. In fact, the whole product segment that the tv is in has not gone mainstream either. Until the tv becomes something that makes a good amount of money for Apple and it has taken off in the market, I don't see it as a fourth leg in the chair. I do hope on day it does though.

5. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

:apple:tv is a gutted, gimped Mac mini that was over before it begun.

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

Lately, I think that there's been too much focus on the damn iPhone. The chair has only one leg right now and it's about to tip over.

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

You missed AppleTV 2.0?

I think right now, it has 3

iPod
    iPhone
    Mac

In time, it will move to

Mobile OS X(iPhone, iPod touch...and other iPods based on this OS, the standard iPod OS has numbered days)
    Mac OS X

AppleTV doesn't look like its becoming as big as iPod/Mac/iPhone...although it is a good device.