How many Macrumros memers are from Alaska?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SubZer0, Aug 29, 2008.

1. SubZer0 macrumors member

I don't know if it's been asked before but....Who else is from Alaska besides me? I found some, but lets get a roster going.

Also, even though I've been a member for 6 months, I haven't posted enough to be trusted yet. Would any other Alaskan members of Macrumors consider weighing in on the governor Palin thread in the political forum? I am particularly interested in what another member of Macrumors meant by the following qoute about Palin ?

OutThere said in reference to Sarah Palin experience of being on a City council in nowheresville Alaska, and then a wee bit of being governor of an irrelevant state.

What are the relevant states then if Alaska is irrelevant?

Please remember this thread is about who is from Alaska, and not the appropriate place to post on political topics. Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Mark

2. helimx macrumors newbie

I live in Ak. Been up here since june of 07'. Lived in Girdwood till Oct. 07', then Wasilla, then I bought a cabin out in Willow about 2 or 3 months ago. I absolutely love it up here. I'm an A&P mechanic, and I've had the chance to see alot more of the state than many life long residents have gotten the chance to see. I'm actually about 70 miles out of Delta right now, then home on the 5th, then to a place called LikStrip, which is NW of Kotzebue apparently on the 8th or 9th..lol
    As far as the Palin discussion, there is one going. I can't post on it though, apparently I'm too new, and don't have enough posts. What I can say is that ppl in general don't know her and are very ill-informed, as is the case on many forums on the net. But I think she will prove herself to those who don't know the facts. ya, sorry, almost went on a rant.. lol
    So ya, I'm here. lol

3. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Old thread, but I've thought about starting a similar one. I've lived in the Soldotna area since August of '96. I've seen a fair number of Alaskan MR members on the forums, but none from the peninsula.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yeah, how did that work out for her? :D

Hindsight is 20/20 ;)

5. helimx macrumors newbie

yes, yes it is!!! she went bat ass crazy huh.... lol
    I now live in Wasilla, and hope that crazy wench never comes back....

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You are my new favorite person. A former Palin supporter who can admit that she's gone totally ******* insane. You're a rare breed my good friend :D