How many males ordered 7/7+ rose gold?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isaac123, Oct 28, 2016.

1. isaac123 macrumors newbie

ive always wanted the rose gold since the 6s launched, but just had a look at my sisters SE and it looks awfully pink in certain light .

Wandering if I should change my order, still 28 days away. Front has to be white as dirt shoes up less. Silver too boring, gold only looks good in natural light.

How many guys ordered rose gold. Do you regret it or are you enjoying it?

2. kkh786 macrumors regular

kkh786

I personally wouldn't class Rose Gold as a feminine option (as your post insinuates).
    I had a Rose Gold 6s before I traded it in from my Black iPhone 7.
    I rarely saw the "pink" shade.. it was mostly bronze to me.. even the white antenna lines didn't bother me as much as I thought they would.
    I had wanted a white face similarly to your reasons.. silver was nice and gold to me was not done right on the 6s (gold on the 5s was much nicer).. so I picked up a rose gold 6s as it had the wow factor of a new option.
    I was very happy with it until I saw the stealthy black iPhone 7 reveal (even though I hate the prints showing on the black face).
    Sorry about the long post.. in summary.. get it and enjoy! :)

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Would never buy the rose gold color for me. I could not do the white bezels anyway. More into black and business looking phones.

4. isaac123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, the bronze look is what I was going for and this post makes me feel better. The gold 5s I have in natural light looks like it has a very slight rose tint and i wished it looked like this all the time, so I've decide I go for the real thing !
    --- Post Merged, Oct 28, 2016 ---
    I used to have a black iPhone 6 and while I enjoyed it, always looked dirty, home button in particular never looked clean. White front always looks cleaner

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

1. I only like black bezels.
    2. Pepto should be a coating for stomachs, not for aluminum.

6. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

I would assume a man carrying a rose gold (pink) phone is especially confident and self-assured. It's a sign of strength.

7. Zenithal Suspended

In the 1980s, wearing anything rose gold would cause some stares and strong language to popup, even if you were in a very affluent area. These days? People don't give a damn. Personally, I don't like gold color anything and don't like rose gold as a result.

8. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

Rose gold is not really gold at all. It's pink.

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yup. Exactly. Pastel pink at that.

10. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

Who cares if you are a male and use rose gold?

Who cares what other thinks, do what you want

11. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

There's a rose gold?

JK. It's not for me. My wife and daughters have that color. MB for me.

12. PJM83 macrumors regular

PJM83

I had the 6s in rose gold, went for JB this time round. Only because I wanted a black front. If there was a rose gold with black front, I'd pick that.

13. Subwaymac macrumors regular

Subwaymac

lunch break at the job site all the guys joking around and being jovial stopped all at once when they saw I had got a rose gold iphone. After lunch we got back to paving and pouring concrete I felt like I had a pink phone, not rose gold.

14. Conan86 macrumors 6502

Apple actually made the shade of "rose gold" even lighter (lighter pink) as compared to when they first launched it with the 6s. True that it doesn't always appear pink, especially under warm light or poor lighting condition. It is really pink under bright lighting (think Apple Store lighting and outdoor sunlight) conditions.

They being said, it looks really nice when the copperish shade shows.. just go with what you feel like getting. In a worst case scenario, you can always cover it up with a case or a full body skin

15. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I think it's an awesome color, but I'm not going to try to fool myself or anyone else by arguing that it isn't pink. Unfortunately, I prefer phones with black bezels, so I'll probably never own one.

16. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Funny you mention that as I must travel with a dirty crowd as when I have seen my friend's iPhone with white bezels it seems to show dirt or debris contrasting with the white bezel at the home button and where the glass meets the casing. These areas looked a little grungy.

17. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I think that people who like the way the RG looks should carry the RG. We've all had pretty much every color in my house and right now, there are 4/5 people with a RG phone and half those people are men. :)

My husband refuses to own anything but a black-front phone, but he's just a minimalist. He has no problem with pink any more than he does silver or yellow gold.

I'm getting a Jet Black and returning my RG. Not because I dislike the RG. My 6s plus was a RG. It's a gorgeous color. I just feel like the JB will yield a higher resale value.

I expect the smudges on the black screen to drive me bonkers. I haven't carried a black-screen phone since the iPhone 4.

18. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

I thought so, too. Looks better now. At first it was too pink.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 28, 2016 ---
    The smudges do get to you. Have to wipe my black phone down a lot more often.

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

No matter how many times this type of thread comes up, ultimately what's mentioned above is the only worthwhile and realistic thing that it all comes down to.

20. dmylrea macrumors 68020

dmylrea

It actually hasn't changed much from the 80's except for the fact the younger generation are more tolerant and accepting and the older generations just don't say anything anymore for fear of not being politically correct. A male with a rose gold iPhone still gets plenty of stares and unsaid thoughts...but, like others say, who really cares? If it makes you happy, do it! :)

21. noobinator macrumors 601

These are all just colors. Colors do not have an assigned sex. Get crazy.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Off topic today but I read an article where someone was complaining about a canoeing event as they said that canoes represent Colonialism. What have we done to ourselves?

Pick the color phone you like and be happy that you have a choice!

23. balzz macrumors regular

24. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

The death of common sense.

25. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Likely they also could not swim!:p