How many mbp2018 crashes whenever using Photo Booth to recording

studying001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I have tried 3 MacBook Pro 2018. They all crash during recording video using Photo booth which is the embedded software at Mojave. The crashes are random within 5min to 1.5 hrs, but in the end, the mbp will definitely crash.

Is there anyone who tried it before and have the same problem?

IngerMan

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
I would try it for 5 minutes, but what would be the reasoning to use photo booth for such long periods, Im just curious. Testing only? Or are you using an external video camera? The 2nd might be part of the problem?

studying001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I would try it for 5 minutes, but what would be the reasoning to use photo booth for such long periods, Im just curious. Testing only? Or are you using an external video camera? The 2nd might be part of the problem?
I realized there might be T2 crash problem when using recording or microphone throughout my experience, so every time I got a new or replaced MacBook Pro, I use Photo Booth recording function to test. There is no external video camera involves. The laptop doesn't connect to any external devices, at most the power charger. And every laptop is crashing when recording.

PROFESS0R

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2017
You may want to consider purchasing appropriate software for recording video. I simply cannot imagine that photo booth was designed for 1.5 hour video recording sessions.

studying001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
You may want to consider purchasing appropriate software for recording video. I simply cannot imagine that photo booth was designed for 1.5 hour video recording sessions.
Yes. I understand. But I am just using Photobooth to test T2 chip problem. Actually a lot of other softwares relating to recording have the same problem, such as OneNote, when you use record audio

studying001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Yes, it also causes some problems: not crash, but freeze the sound system (sometimes even have pop sound during the recording). They all happen very randomly.
[doublepost=1542636791][/doublepost]
How about the built-in "Voice Memo" in Mojave?
Yes, it also causes some problems: not crash, but freeze the sound system (sometimes even have pop sound during the recording). They all happen very randomly.