Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacOSXuser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Toronto
How many microphones, the positions and also when in voice memo mode, which microphone does it use?

I am looking to record voice secretly, i want to position it so it doesnt cover up the microphones.

thanks

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
http://www.finalpointlogic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/iPhone-Mic.jpg

There are three mics. The bottom one next to the headphone jack is ideal.

fedecape

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Miami, FL
http://www.finalpointlogic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/iPhone-Mic.jpg

There are three mics. The bottom one next to the headphone jack is ideal.

how do I know which one is being used? are all of them always active? for ex when shooting video or recording memos

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
They arnt all used for actual recording. They are mostly used for noise cancellation and the appropriate mic is used.

For example. When shooting video it uses the back mic, unless you flick to the front facing camera and then it uses the bottom mic (top one by the earpiece is used for noise cancellation as is the back).

Voice memos use the bottom one

Ethos Evoss

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2013
Earth
They arnt all used for actual recording. They are mostly used for noise cancellation and the appropriate mic is used.

For example. When shooting video it uses the back mic, unless you flick to the front facing camera and then it uses the bottom mic (top one by the earpiece is used for noise cancellation as is the back).

Voice memos use the bottom one

no it wont uses bottom mic when flicked to front cam..
comon sense ..
botom mic for calling .. front mic for front cam .. rear mic for rear cam ..
simple as that ...!

Stu2510

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
No-one picked up on the fact that he says he wants to record secretly? Seems very dodgy to me, what exactly are you recording as there are laws around that

Ethos Evoss

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2013
Earth
No-one picked up on the fact that he says he wants to record secretly? Seems very dodgy to me, what exactly are you recording as there are laws around that
who you talking to !?!?!
u don't know rules ? if you asking somebody something
CLICK on QUOTEE got it or you need it explained more detaily ?

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
who you talking to !?!?!
u don't know rules ? if you asking somebody something
CLICK on QUOTEE got it or you need it explained more detaily ?

In Post #6 (which you quoted), he/she's obviously speaking first to everyone in the thread (re: no one had responded to the OP's intent to secretly record someone) and then specifically to the OP. It's not always necessary to quote.

Suggest that you read Post #1 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.