How many movies do you own from iTunes store?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by albertfallickwa, Jan 29, 2014.

1. albertfallickwa macrumors 6502a

albertfallickwa

I just got back into purchasing movies from iTunes and was wondering how large the collections people here have from the iTunes store. I have around 70 movies so far and hope to grow it over this year.

Last movie I just bought was "Only God Forgives."

2. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I've never purchased a movie or TV show from the iTunes store (I do buy music though). I only have 3, all kids movies, because I bought the DVD and they came with a code for a free digital version. Call me old fashioned but I still prefer a hard copy.

I've thought about buying a couple of my favorite movies, just so I'd have them if I'm bored, but they take up a fair amount of space on my phone and it's to the point I'd have to delete music to make space for them.

3. vullistax, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015

vullistax macrumors newbie

My movie collection has steadily grown to about 1300 flicks over the years. No doubt, I have spent far too much in trying to own every single "reasonably good" movie ever made. I do very rarely purchase any movie less than 3.5 stars and 4 stars is obviously great. I would say that about 10 - 15% are still duds tho'.

I would suggest not to purchase a movie unless you read 1 or 2 reviews on google if you don't know it. Stick to genres you like (I like all including documentaries).

I think I only have about 50 to 100 to own, excluding any new releases...

Still about 150 of them to watch!!

"My name is vullistax.. and I am an addict"

PS: I think I am addicted to everything: food, drink, buying useless and useful things from ebay, gadget freak, ex-compulsive gambler, never tried (and never will) drugs, sex (HEY, I mean multi-partner.. can't lose yet another wife, she's hot), but have STACKS of rock 'n roll from itunes as well. Would be a richer man had I invested all this money.. oh and am a non-gambling forex trader lately and down $1000!! ..damn.. what next.. learn to golf? I think I might look for another wife then, probably will buy 10 designer golf sets!!

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

A handful of free ones, and one paid one that was missing the subtitles during the foreign language parts.

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Only a few free ones. I don't buy that many films but when I do I get them on either Blu-ray or DVD.

6. rctlr macrumors 6502a

rctlr

My iTunes Library has 1085 movies, of which 8 have been purchased from iTunes.

7. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I own 7 movies and two TV series. I bought all of the Star Wars movies when the bundle was on sale, and I own the full Mythbusters and Eureka TV series.

8. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I think I have about 5, but they're all from downloading the free digital copy that was included with the blu-ray I bought. I do, however, rent a lot of movies on iTunes.

9. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

I have about 35 movies. Most of them are iTunes downloads from purchasing a Blue Ray DVD...