How many of us did not get a yellow screen defect on their first MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jaywong87, Dec 7, 2007.

1. jaywong87 macrumors newbie

jaywong87

I think ill speak for everyone when I say Im just as tired of complaints as I am tired of comebacks like, "The complaints (about yellowing screens) here represent a minority of the customers that bought the MBP." Put your money where your mouth is, post here if your MBP was perfect the first time.

Im hardly a fanboy, but it would be nice to see how widespread the problem is so that potential buyers could make an informed decision based on fellow satisfied MBP buyers, and not just the disgruntled ones. So if the satisfied ones are out there, please, sound off.

2. bdgdoom macrumors member

3. triddent222 macrumors regular

Week 30 2.2Ghz, NO yellowing, Backlighting is perfect.
    Week 33 2.4Ghz (Dad's) NO Yellowing either.

4. Crash-n-Burn macrumors regular

Mine is perfect thus far! Could not be happier.

5. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

i'm not sure of my week number but no problems at all! I love my MBP. got it as soon as SR was added. People need to stop complaining about those few defects. dont even get me started on dell problems.

6. onthat macrumors regular

onthat

7. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

Perfect with no problems. Really enjoying it.

8. surripere macrumors member

Week-and-a-half old 2.6GHz SR. Flawless screen; it's an LG.

9. palmerized macrumors regular

First MacBook Pro -- 5th Mac in general. NO problems with the display or quality. Awesome laptop. Love it. Infact, it may be pregant...
    :eek:

10. dwc macrumors newbie

Week-and-a-half old 2.6GHz SR. Flawless screen; it's an LG.

Had mine for 2wks....2.6GHz. Everything is great.

Newbie question....you said your screen was an LG, how can I identify which one I have?

11. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

12. Xcolored macrumors member

Perfect screen, and I've had this for a while, about 8 months.

13. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Mine was 95% perfect...the bottom was a tiny bit dimmer but nothing to complain about really.

14. xhtml2 macrumors newbie

nothing to complain about

perfect as is my iMac

15. slowpoke macrumors member

slowpoke

Mine's fine. Only problem is that it doesn't close totally flush, but I'd rather live with that than a borked screen.

16. bov macrumors 6502

17. MacHipster macrumors 6502

18. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Good Morning

Can't complain about mine either!

19. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Like all the "major issues" you hear about, the yellowing affects a very small minority of systems. Mine is perfect too :)

20. DaveTheGrey macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

MBP 2,2 mate, flawless
    MBP 2,2 glossy, flawless

21. steve77uk macrumors regular

I must admit when I read your posting, it annoyed me.

I have spent the most ever on a laptop and bought a MBP and for £1,700 I think I have the right to complain if there are any defects.

Perhaps if you have had to go through the rigmarole of spending ages on the phone with Apple trying to get it fixed, you may be a little frustrated. I have waited nearly 2 weeks each time for a MBP without any problems and am now on for the 3rd one.

Imaging you spent a lot of money on a new TV, you get it home and the picture is terrible and it is a hardware fault that happens on both Sat, DVD and VCR? I don't think you would sit there for long and thought oh well, there are bound to be some problems, i'll ignore it.

I am usually quite placid and patient, but not when I spend a huge amount of money from a manufacturer that prides itself on quality!

/Rant over/

PS - in the spirit of this thread, my MacBook Black is perfect (and that cost me half of my MBP)

PPS - while waiting for my 3rd MBP I have reverted to my old PPC iMac G5 20". Flawless - I am seriously considering giving up on the MBP and be done with it!

22. icecone macrumors regular

23. backstage macrumors newbie

Mine was perfect too (except that it doesn't close *quite* flush, but pretty darn close). 2.2 LG Screen, matte, unsure about week but I received it the first week of July.

The poll linked above is hardly a scientific way to determine the number of flawed machines! This is my first mac, and I'm happy. But I was worried about yellow screen issues and would have insisted on returning it and getting a machine without problems. I don't see the problem with that. But I don't think the flawed rate is anywhere near 50% - I know a number of people that bought new machines this summer and had no issues.

24. creative78 macrumors regular

creative78

After lurking and reading these forums for several months before purchasing my MBP, I was very pleased to find that my week 43 glossy screen MBP has no yellowing issues and the lid closes evenly.