How many of you guys do.....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fuzion11, Dec 14, 2010.

?

How many of you guys do.....

Poll closed Dec 24, 2010.
  1. set up as new iphone

44.7%
  2. restore from backup

48.9%
  3. completly reinstall all cydia apps seperate

42.6%
  4. use package backup to reinstall all cydia apps

38.3%
  1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

When upgrading your firmware when a new jailbreak comes out, how many of you people? (see poll)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I always setup as new and then just reinstall my Cydia stuff.

3. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I always use AptBackup to backup/restore Cydia packages and restore an iTunes Backup after loading the new firmware as well. Haven't had any issues since 2.x and my iPhone 3G. :)

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I restore from a back up, then install the cydia apps manually.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I've been always been restoring my backup since my Original iPhone (I still got my first ever SMS i sent form my iphone to my (EX) girlfriend at the time.

Now for Cydia App, i do installed them manually and once by one, making sure of compatibility, updates and settings. I test drive the app for a few hours (or a few days depending of what it is) before installing the next one. I know this is a LONG process, but this may be why I havent had a issue with my personal phone and I can keep restoring my backup over and over.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I do a fresh install, set up as new, then install my apps one at a time using PkgBackup. That way I do not have to remember each of the apps I want to reinstall, but I can check for compatibility for each before installing the next.

7. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

WOW that must take a while to do! But it's a good idea to do it.

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

There is not rush on my case, I got several "development" iphones that I play with "new" apps and screw around with, my personal phone is always top notch and never on the bleeding edge.

9. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Setup as new and then put one by one back on using PkgBackup. (Btw the new version is sweet, a ton of new options including Dropbox support. Yay!)

10. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Setup as new and let pkgbackup do the rest. Does kind of suck that I lose all my gamesaves and such but it also forces me to actually play all the games that I paid for on the App Store :D

Usually though, I'll wait a couple weeks, maybe a month, before updating/JB'ing to the latest and greatest. Basically, when all the "HELP, NEW JB MESSED UP MY PHONE" threads in the hacks section start dying down, THEN I'll update and JB.