How many of you guys have had a problem with MacMall?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by marc55, Nov 27, 2013.

1. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

I had put a post on the iPad forum looking for the best deals on 32GB iPad Air, and a couple of folks indicated they had a bad experience returning purchases with MacMall.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1677112

I purchased from them a while back and thought they were very friendly; however, I didn't have to return the purchase either

So I was just wondering if there're customer service has gone downhill lately?

Thank you

2. FrasierCrane macrumors newbie

Just ordered a 128GB T-Mobile Air for $100 less than I paid at Apple a week ago. Don't care if I run into problems as I always use an AMEX Platinum and they take care of all the hassle for me if there are any issues.

3. Oudinot macrumors regular

Oudinot

Been using them since I had fat Mac and never a problem.

4. umbilical macrumors 6502a

Im thinking buy the macbook pro on macmall, but amazon put the same prices on... amazon is good for buy a macbook pro?

is more easy for me buy on amazon...

5. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Amazon CS is above everyone else in my experience with them.

6. umbilical macrumors 6502a

cs ?

7. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Customer Service

8. umbilical macrumors 6502a

oh good, yes CS is great and now have the same prices of macmall

9. kd11331 macrumors newbie

UpSell Delay - nightmare - cancelled

My Macbook began ******** the bed, kernel panics, etc.

So ordered a new macbook from MacMall. This is my third laptop through MacMall. Counting hard drives, etc. - this purchase would have put me near the 10K level as a personal customer - not including business purchases.

If you buy at MacMall, they will hold the shipment until multiple "Account Execs" phone you telling you that you should upgrade, you should add on xxxx item, etc. It's a total up-sell approach and these Acct. Execs have the power to hold your order, even after "credit" has already submitted for payment to you bank (as indicated by checking your cc account). After the third day on a same-day shipment item and three calls from "account execs" - I cancelled the order. I found another retailer that would match the MacMall price when pushed.

I pushed a C/S person, and to their credit - when I asked, "do these acct. execs have the power to hold my order" - she replied yes. Totally tacky, tasteless sales strategy. Kind of like a scummy old school camera dealer from NYC.

10. Talon Six macrumors member

I've ordered an MBA and an rMBP from MacMall within the last year. My only interaction with their CS people was an upsell email (which I declined) and one phone call to verify the credit card authorization. As others indicated they do indeed hold the order for the credit card verification, but there was no attempt to upsell or elicit credit card info during that call.

Shipping was quick both times, even on my most recent purchase which shipped to an APO address out here in Kuwait. They will likely get my business again in the future.