Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many of you think that the Powermac will...

• Stay with a PowerPc Processer

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Switch to an Intel processor

Votes: 23 82.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Will what? :confused:

Edit: Okay, it's a poll. On a topic that's been beaten to death.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
my grandma say's the new Mac Pro's will have a G5 chip in so i'm going with that :D

i'm starting to like these new poll's :)

fatandlazy11

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Depends on my mood
Well, they still offer the G5's in the U.S. Apple store. I havn't seen or heard of any annuncment that they are switching. But with it being the only G5 left, it's pretty hard to tell. I think they'll stay with it.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Considering that Steve has said that the entire transition to Intel processors will be complete by the end of 2006, they're running out of time to squeeze in another G5 revision before an Intel switch. There isn't even a question here.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
I voted PPC as this is the dumbest poll I have seen and felt I needed to fit in.

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
fatandlazy11 said:
Well, they still offer the G5's in the U.S. Apple store. I havn't seen or heard of any annuncment that they are switching. But with it being the only G5 left, it's pretty hard to tell. I think they'll stay with it.

I think no one told you that Apple is switching its entire line to intel by the end of 2006.

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
AMD, baby. AMD all the way.
Where is the AMD option?

What, I changed my mind. It's Nike.
Apple and Nike aren't just doing iPod+Nike. No no.
Mac+Nike.
The new Mac Pros are going to be shaped like giant shoes.
It will dance around the room while playing MC hammer can't touch this.
So you have to keep running around the room to keep up with it.
It will also keep track of your heart rate and how many calories you burned.
This is going to be so revolutionary!
Wasteland land HO!!!!! AHHHHHH.... Can't.... the tractor beams got me! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Glub, glub, glub.....

thegreatluke

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
Earth
I think they'll stay PowerPC FOREVER.
Not really.

There isn't really a doubt that the next Power Mac upgrade will have it switch to the "Mac Pro" and it will have Intel processor(s).

WildCowboy said:
Considering that Steve has said that the entire transition to Intel processors will be complete by the end of 2006, they're running out of time to squeeze in another G5 revision before an Intel switch. There isn't even a question here.
It was the end of 2007.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
thegreatluke said:
There isn't really a doubt that the next Power Mac upgrade will have it switch to the "Mac Pro" and it will have Intel processor(s).

No, there really is not any doubt about this- Intel all the way baby. :rolleyes: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.