How many of you use the AirPlay mirroring feature?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by saintforlife, Nov 17, 2011.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

Who here has an Apple TV 2 and use the AirPlay Mirroring feature? How well can you play movies or games using this AirPlay Mirroring? Do you see any lag or stutter? Does this feature take your iPad experience to another level in the living/entertainment room?

2. telephonepanda macrumors newbie

I use it quite often for watching tv via 4OD or BBC iPlayer. Most apps don't run "full screen" on the TV, but rather replicated the iPad screen onto the TV, with black borders. I know Real Racing HD does run full HD though.

Anyway, I quite like the AirPlay feature and look forward to where Apple decide to take it...

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yes I use it every night to put bbc iPlayer, 4od etc on my screen. I'm in Ireland and bbc iPlayer on the iPad is the only way legitametly accessing it here, so AirPlay video and mirroring is great for me.

Works great on all video stuff, games tend to stutter and spurt though.

4. jplusc macrumors 6502a

I use it for ESPN. I use my dads cable subscription so that I can access the content (I don't have cable). I will note though that the ESPN feed is low quality and I do run into some hiccups in the streaming sometimes.

I tried real racing as well, it was okay. The graphics are fairly weak (expected) and I did get some stuttering.

5. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

It sounds great, but I'm waiting for Apple TV 3. We just got an HDTV after not having a TV for years so we can wait a while longer.