How many people are getting an iphone for the 1st time ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TeamDNA, Jun 21, 2010.

1. TeamDNA macrumors 6502

I have had every version of the iphone.. but I do see many people saying this will be my first iphone.

2. bahooki macrumors regular

No thanks, I've been in lines before. I once waited two whole minutes for chocolate milk in the third grade. I'm not repeating that mistake.

3. dubnde macrumors regular

First iPhone. Preordered at Uk applestore online.

Moving from Nexus One as just sold it for £409.

4. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

He didn't ask if you were going to wait in line for the phone, he just asked if it is going to be your first iPhone.

This will be my 2nd iPhone. I bought the 3gs last year on release day.

5. soupcxan macrumors member

This is my first iphone and first apple product (I'm a PC guy). I am a little worried that it could be a gateway drug.

6. Flash69 macrumors regular

My first iphone. My wife just got a 3GS this year.

7. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Reading fail?

8. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

It is a gateway drug trust me. I used to be anti-Apple, but then I got an iPhone. Then a Macbook Pro, and then an iPad, and now I'm on my second iPhone. Have fun.

9. BrandonJay21 macrumors member

It's my first iPhone. I've wanted one since they were first released... I'm so excited to finally get it. It can't come fast enough! :)

10. Stuipdboy1000 macrumors 6502a

Stuipdboy1000

Me! I really can't wait to get one! I've been wanting one ever since it's launch in '07 but have never gotten round to saving the pennies, but since my old phone pretty much snapped in half the other day, my dad agreed to buy me one!

I just hope the local Vodafone store has enough stock!

11. Icarus73 macrumors regular

I couldn't have said it better.

12. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Not for me but I'm getting my father-in-law, his wife and his son all on the boat this time around.

13. mickeysworld macrumors member

Ditto :D

14. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

The iPhone 4 will indeed be my very first ever iPhone, so I guess its safe to say, the iphone 4 will pop my iPhone Cherry:D

I'm a self confessed Nokia Enthusiast too, and have been for a few Decades, but Nokia just aren't competing with the high end devices of late, which left me with little choice, however, I simply love how the UI on the iPhone looks, works, and how it does, what its supposed to do. The last year I have been nursing low memory on Nokia's flagship device, and know that the Nokia N97 is a huge embarrassment for Nokia.

15. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Yep, another first time iPhoner here although it'll be my fourth iDevice (1st gen and 3rd gen iPod Touch and the iPad). They've added enough in this time round to get me interested, there's now enough stuff I want to be able to do on the go to justify the cost of the data tariff and then there's the way it looks. Was never entirely sold on the looks of the iPhone, especially not the 3G / 3GS, but the 4 is just stunning. Plus it was good timing as I had to replace my Nokia anyway and the £100 I'd have spent on a half-way decent PAYG handset (plus the return from selling my current iPod Touch) made the cost of the iPhone bearable.

16. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

17. Qoo macrumors 6502

18. icecreamsammich macrumors member

This will be my first iphone AND my first smartphone.

19. foot56 macrumors regular

++

20. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

This will be my first. I bought a Samsung Instinct about a year and a half ago because I was with Sprint and this was supposed to be the "iPhone killer". It worked well, but once I bought an iPod Touch and saw how fantastic iOS and the apps were, I was hooked. Now I can stop carrying around two devices.

21. mathieuheartmac macrumors member

First for me!

I love apple products, but I had been with T-Mobile so I never got an iPhone. I had an android phone...but I got sick of it and canceled my contract. It was sad to see my husband's jailbroken iPhone run circles around my brand new android phone...:(

I was going to try and save money by going the pay-as-you-go route, but when the iPhone 4 came out...I was smitten. (The android phone always froze. The soft keyboard sucked- even the ones I downloaded were slower than the iPhone's. I loved it at first but issue after issue had me fed up. I think I'll feel better about paying so much for data every month with a phone that actually works!)

So we'll be in line Thursday morning to pick up or reserved phones. :D

22. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

This is my third iPhone..

With all the new people signing up with AT&T and getting an iPhone....I wonder how bad the service will get.

I have been very happy with my iPhone here in nc,,,the service is great, no dropped calls and fast data....but I'm guessing all of that is about to change!

Hope we can actually USE these new phones on AT&T.....

23. huskerchad macrumors regular

First iPhone, though I have a Touch and an iPad. Loving those, as well as the new cheaper data plan (I've pretty much always got wifi available) made the difference for me.

24. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

It is a gateway drug. I got my first iPhone on July 5th 2007 (I only remember because of the holiday and I was able to run out from work for 45 minutes when the store said they had some in stock.) After that I got an ATV, then an iMac, then came the 3GS. This year it's gotten worse. I got a Mac Mini for the TV, MacBook Pro, an iPad (got lucky. Walked into the store and got the last on in stock at the time.) and now the iPhone 4. Quite happy with all my Apple goodies.

My wife thought I was crazy with the first iPhone. Then one day she gets home and says she wants one. :D She likes all the Apple goodies too.

25. iHero macrumors member

My first iPhone too. Always wanted one but couldn't justify the price so I settled for the HTC Hero on Android. Then realised that for something I use as much as my phone, price doesn't really matter.

Finally taken the bait and ordered one. Bye bye android, maybe see you again after a few years...