How many people do you know that use Macs?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, May 2, 2007.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Other than my sister, my brother, my mom, my computer teacher, and two or three of my friends, they all use PCs. I do know someone who uses Linux, yet he thinks he isn't a geek. :rolleyes:

Your turn.

EDIT: All of those people I listed use Macs, not PCs. Sorry. My sister and brother have PowerBooks (12" and 15", respectively), my mom has my old iMac G3, two of my friends have iMac G4s, and one of them has a 17" PowerBook (although she may have switched back:( ) Not sure what my computer teacher has.

EDIT #2: Why don't you also tell us how many people you've switched!

2. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Umm... weird thread IMO, but I'll entertain.
    Simply put- me my wife and every one of my friends.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

for a while i was the only person i knew that was a Mac user.

now though, my sister, her boyfriend, and maybe three or so of my friends (other than people i know from here :p) and thats it. not very many to be honest.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I can think of at least six right now but if I thought about it for a little longer then I probably could think of more.

5. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

First I got a mac mini, which I then sold for a macbook, which I then sold to get my 24" iMac. :)

Then my brother got sick of pc's and got a macbook. Since then, his friend got a macbook, my cousin has a macbook, his friend has a macbook, and 3 of my friends have powerbooks. Another cousin and my parents will soon have macs.

The spreading helps when A- they see how cool and fun they are and B- you are "in charge," unfortunately, of fixing family member's broken pc's.

6. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Probably 10-15, mostly all college friends who do major video/audio editing stuff. Oh, and my fiancee, mom and brother all within the past 4 months, having "switched" all 3 of 'em :)

7. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Besides my one closest friend, my daughter, and one colleague, not one of the dozens of people in my inner circle of friends uses Macs. Think I should be re-thinking what counts as kindred spirits? Think this is grounds for divorce?:rolleyes:

8. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Okay, so I added another question. See the OP.

I've switched my sister, my mom, and my old computer teacher. My dad will certainly switch soon to a MacBook, and my other sister probably, too, even though she won't admit it. :) My third sister does a lot of PC-only stuff, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to switch her.

9. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

For your second question right now I have switched 2 people, but probably my parents will be soon so then it will be 4.

11. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

All in the family

My boss, my mother, and my step-mother. I guess my mother doesn't count since I bought it for her. Given a choice she would probably have no computer.
    My boss has a MacBook that she brings in to work every now and then. Her boss uses a Windows laptop.
    My step-mother has the only mac in a house full of PCs. She's a designer. My father's a software engineer. He's got multiple Windows PCs, but his main workstation is a Linux laptop. My half brother and sister both have Windows PCs as well.
    Of course back when I was in art school I knew a lot more Mac users, but they're pretty rare in my life these days.

12. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

13. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

I've found that most of the people on my college campus use them (but then, it's a liberal arts school, so that's why). I've only managed to switch my sister so far, but my parents have said they'll be going Mac once the Dell bites the dust, making far less work for me. :D

14. nightelf macrumors 6502

15. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Me, My Sister, My mom, One friend in college, two out of town friends, my sisters boyfriends sister... and some guys from NASA...

To many to count but video conferencing is fun! :D :D :apple: :apple:

16. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Dozens to be honest. My whole company uses them, my old company did, as does my family's business (helps that they're all publishing companies) a lot of my friends, and my older brother is a recent convert who's next laptop he buys himself (as opposed to his work laptop which is a Dell) will be a Mac. :)

17. Queso macrumors G4

Loads, not even counting the people I know via this site. Friends, clients, even some of my partner's clients. I've switched quite a few (another iMac sold last weekend thanks to me) but have no idea of the numbers. Nobody in my immediate family, but then they all live in miserable Hampshire these days where happiness and enthusiasm for anything aren't allowed :rolleyes:

I think living in London definitely helps. Here Macs are already everywhere so there isn't the stigma of "nobody uses them" that there is in some places.

18. MLeepson macrumors 6502

My mom, step-brother, sister, teacher....me

that's about it

19. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Who use Macs.

Uh, I know a ton, but I guess I should stick with those who I know personally? Lets see.. I'd say 8 or 9 peeps. I've switched about half a dozen, and I'm still always happy to see how excited people get as they grow more accustomed to their Macs and realize what a drag Windows really was.

20. noaccess macrumors 6502

Besides me... one person :(
    Has a mac at home, and used to have one in his office.

Edit: Haven't switched anyone. People who have seen my iBook were very impressed, but just can't afford a mac, since everything here is 50% more expensive than in the US. They'd rather reinstall Windoze every month, after the adware kills all the usability.
    Oh, and my iBook was bought in the US and brought here by a family friend who was visiting his relatives.

21. eyemacg5 macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

2 people, my computer teacher and my old art teacher.

22. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

You should make this a poll!

I used to be the guy that everyone called when they had problems with their PC. I switched every one of them to Mac's since I came on board in '03. I think I have 8 converts now. No more phone calls :D

23. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I'm up to knowing 9 Macheads now. I don't think that's bad at all for the UK, especially as they're all different ages, sexes and in different lines of work!

Before the Intel switch I only knew 1.

24. iGav macrumors G3

25. Queso macrumors G4

Didn't that happen at roughly the same time they opened an Apple Store at Bluewater?