Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
i got my tracking number today and apparently im getting it tomorrow!! im so excited.who else is getting it tomorrow?

ttech10

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2008
Should have made a poll. I think everyone that HAS a tracking number has it being delivered on the 17th, except for only a handful of people.

Mine got re-scheduled from the 18th to the 17th early this morning.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
List of top priorities for you:

1. Describe in detail what this oleophobic nonsense is all about and how good it is.
2. Show me how fast it actually renders websites on wifi.
3. If you have a 3G around, compare one or more 3D games playing on both and see if it's noticeably faster.

If you're going to get your iPhone 3G S two days early, then you need to review it two days early.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
I think we can have just a "June 17" UPS Delivery date thread.

Mine says: Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 06/17/2009

32 GB iPhone 3G S ordered on June 8 at 4 PM EDT

Dave

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
I had a 17th. But today it was pushed to the 18th:rolleyes:
I would LOVE to have it a day early, because I really want to be at the Apple store on Friday...

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
So is this only people who ordered online through AT&T? Or do people who ordered on Apple's Online Store also have tracking numbers too? I ordered through Apple on the 9th and mine is still just "Not yet shipped."

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I had a 17th. But today it was pushed to the 18th:rolleyes:
I would LOVE to have it a day early, because I really want to be at the Apple store on Friday...

Definitely go early and rub it in everybody's face that you got yours early and that they have to wait in line. Make sure you call them "suckers" at some point at least once.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Definitely go early and rub it in everybody's face that you got yours early and that they have to wait in line. Make sure you call them "suckers" at some point at least once.

And then just leave it on the sidewalk (On a blanket, don't want to get scratches), with your wallet, and walk away...atleast that way you won't get hurt!

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Oh. No.

That's not what I meant. I would like to go to the Apple store and be a part of the whole vibe. I did it for 2 years now.

I'm not sure if they'll be lines in my town. But I would like to see the in-store demonstrations that they give, and see people reactions when they get their phone!

Happiness is best when shared!!!

LePigeonBleu

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
San Diego
I just spoke with Apple, and explained about the 17th delivery date, and asked if it was accurate, and they said yes. I asked if it will be held until the 19th, and they said the date on the tracking number is correct.

if only i had a delivery date of the 17th. damn you all!

ha

m

mlpsponzischeme

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Looks like mine is coming tomorrow. I think I'll just leave it in the box to spite all the people getting angry over having to wait an extra day to get their phone. :D I think we should be happy we can afford the luxury of an iPhone rather than yelling at customer service reps that make $12 an hour. It's really sad that some people are that stupid.

Lenxal

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2009
I just spoke with Apple, and explained about the 17th delivery date, and asked if it was accurate, and they said yes. I asked if it will be held until the 19th, and they said the date on the tracking number is correct.

ha

m

If what you said is true, then I'm happy :)
I've been confused the whole time wondering if we were actualy going to get it on the 17.
Wooo :)

ttech10

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2008

Just go and show up with it and get it line. Then at one point be like "Hey, what's this line for?" and when people say "Umm... the new iPhone 3GS. DUH!" you can just pull it out and be like "Oh, this thing? Yea it's pretty cool" and then just walk away.

Of course, this risks you being mugged... so do at your own risk.

@LePigeonBleu, that's good to hear. Well, for people with 17th/18th anyways.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008

ha

m

REALLY?? That's great news for me. Mine is delivering on the 18th, according to UPS, and we're leaving very early on the 19th for a one week trip - so this means we'll actually get to take our new phones with us.

Assuming of course they don't bump me to the 19th, which I suppose they could do at any time.

Zarile3

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
maybe someone else should call apple about the 17th date and ask if it's legit as well.

I would do it, but my iPhone is broken, thus the reason why I want this so bad! Mine says the 17th, as I said before, if I wake up in the morning and it is in the area, ready to get to me, I am going to **** bricks. Then I am going to stand in our mailroom until the UPS guy shows up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.