How many people have called apple about the black screen issue?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by davelanger, Sep 19, 2010.

1. davelanger macrumors 6502a

I am pretty sure I remember at least a few people saying they called apple about this, and I am on hold with them now, and they are claiming this is the first time they have heard of this issue with the 2010 model.

I find that hard to believe since a few people from this forum have called apple about it, and now to tell me the same thing is really fishy.

I work for an internet company and when ever an issue like this comes up we get DEV tickets that can we add the same issue examples to.

It seems like apple is not opening a ticket for this issue and just saying things like zap your Pram or make sure the graphic card is pushed in all the way.

Then closing the ticket instead of putting it into DEV. Unless they are told not to admit there is a problem is known, then that is even worse.

2. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

3. davelanger thread starter macrumors 6502a

The first rep came back on the phone and I asked why is it going to a senior rep and he said, well because your issue is actually flagged, and we need to get more information, so future pro's won't have this issue. PERFECT. LOL, hopefully they will swap out the non problem pros to the people having this issue.

And even if its as small number from just this forum, I am sure others are calling too.
    But it does seem like they know about this issue but are just not admitted it since I have to talk to a senior rep now to give him more info.

4. reel2reel macrumors 6502a

reel2reel

I think the best thing you can do is call.

Are you getting the snow issues, also?

5. davelanger thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got the snow issue only once the very first time I booted up, so I cant tell if that was because the plug was not in 100% but I did not get that issue again.

And I just got off the phone with apple and they tried blaming my monitor, an apple display, even though I said it was not happening with my old mac.

I even gave them the http://macperformanceguide.com website articles to show them that it happens with a number of different monitors and he pretty much said ignored it and just because that site has the issue on there does not mean its the exact same issue you are having. Which I find laughable since it is.

I asked him to add it to my ticket and said he should show is DEV team the article but it seems like he was just blowing me off when I referenced that.

I heard how great apples customer service is, and the first time I dealt with apple a few years ago they were great but this time it seems like they really are not listening to the problem nor want to fix it

they want to sweep it under the rug and ignore it instead of looking at every possible thing.

Now working for an internet company website, I know its not always the system, and it can be the customers hardware but this is a brand new computer and I even showed him a site reporting the issue and he pretty much ignored it.

But i am pretty sure they know its an apple issue because he admitted (probably my mistake) this issue is flagged.
    But its just stupid they dont admit they are looking into this issue for a fix.