How many people paid for the Blizzard Dev Team Proxy?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by undergroundHACK, Feb 15, 2012.

1. undergroundHACK macrumors regular

And you're unhappy with the service and would get a refund if you could?
    I'm just curious...

2. Ali., Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012

Ali. macrumors member

I would recommend everyone to stay away from these guys.

Paid for the Platinum service, my main complaint is their attitude towards their customers. Following their twitter feed exposes you to constant offensive language and spamming everyone to buy a slot on their server or nagging for keys.

I actually tried getting a refund because of the recent outage and the concerns I had stated above but you'll be hard pressed to get a refund out of this guy. Even after he stated he would issue refunds last night on his twitter account, he has gone against this and refusing to refund those who request it.

In general, a bad experience, and I have concerns about how secure their servers really are with peoples personal information.

Thankfully I only tried their proxy on my iPad 2, where I have no sensitive information on it.

Next time when I need a proxy I'll be trying iMZDL. At least they seem alot more professional.

Even now Siri isn't working for me after following their instructions on deleting com.apple.assistant.plist, and simply got the 'your **** out of luck' attitude and sent me a link on an article from 9to5mac of how its a widespread issue, completely disregarding the other concerns I had expressed in my contact with him.

Guess I'll just have to cut my losses and let it go. But just a heads up for everybody else to save alot of headache and frustration.

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Get a chargeback. Make your credit card company go after their bank.

4. undergroundHACK thread starter macrumors regular

Did anyone see their twitter pic showing their "server"? (around Feb. 6)

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: Such language and attitude is not acceptable on MR and led to the removal of the other Blizzard Dev Team thread. Please report any such activity in this or any other thread so that we can be aware of it and deal with it here.

Our forum rules are also quite specific with regards to what vendors can and cannot do in the forums and under what conditions. Please help us enforce those rules.

B

6. thepyro395 macrumors member

thepyro395

I paid for 2 silver accounts, $15 each and still nothing. Make sure you remove their profile that you have to install. That was my main concern with their service. You are right they were very unprofessional, but due to using their "server" I realize how little I would use Siri if I paid IMZDL for their service so it did help me in that sense.

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I paid for an account and my service is pretty spotty. For those who paid with paypal, what are our options? It look like we're pretty much screwed because of buyer protection.

8. undergroundHACK thread starter macrumors regular

It's a MacBook Air laptop.

I got a full refund.

I'm not at all thrilled how they faked it as a "server". It's a laptop for pete's sake!
    14 yr. old 9th grader & his 12 yr. old brother and a friend. Gotta respect the initiative and creativity!

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

This is who I'm using with very little issues.

Now that apple know that Siri is out and users know it works fine on older idevices appart from the lift to use function they should perhaps allow us to use their servers and in turn charge a nominal fee !!

10. undergroundHACK thread starter macrumors regular

Even within the recent past cpl of days? On this blizzard thing, I had to delete the plist, reinstall, restart, salt over shoulder, pray, rinse & spin. And it still it was spotty. With the recent blocking news, is this server you speak of still working at an acceptable margin?

11. thepyro395 macrumors member

thepyro395

How did you go about getting a full refund?

12. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

I use iMZDL quite happily. Siri did stop working yesterday. I just deleted the plist, (nothing more), and now it's working perfectly again.

13. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I've not had to delete any files whatsoever to have siri working.

Im able to view their servers to see their status.
    Im able to follow them on Facebook (SiriZone) where they post frequent updates.

Ive e mailed them twice to ask general questions and had replies within the hour.

Well worth the $20 !!

14. undergroundHACK thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the suggestions. I may try them out...

15. Mac?Daddy macrumors member

I've also had awesome service from the Blizzard Proxy. The only hiccups I've had were when the servers initially went down from the hackers and when they went down the other day, and both times they responded quickly. I was able to delete the .plist file and get back up and running with no issues, and the servers are running extremely fast since then! Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones but I've never had the issues a lot of other people are talking about. Well worth the $25 so far in my opinion.

16. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

the funny thing is, Siri has been working and it seems like it is faster than ever....

even if this is just a kid under the guise of a dev team...it is still a good service so far....

if you read the other IMDZ thread, there are some people who also posted downtimes and similar probs....

i guess we could be less critical of s1ri_proxy for awhile?

17. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

18. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Having Issues? Delete the Plist file. Using iFile from Cydia browse to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences and delete com.apple.assistant.plist

19. Ali. macrumors member

Opened a dispute through PayPal and escalated to a claim, have received full refund.

20. undergroundHACK thread starter macrumors regular

He posts it every cpl hours on his twitter...

/var/bobile/Library/Preferences

com.apple.assistant.plist

21. rabbitjetta macrumors member

I bought the 15 dollar plan and it has worked great. It has went down a few times in the past few weeks but other then that i am really impressed that a 14 year old has been able to do something like this. Keep up the good work and i recommend them to any one that wants siri on their iphone 4.

22. blizzarddevteam macrumors newbie

Here is the fix for anyone who needs it...

Here is the fix. ONLY USE IF SIRI ISNT WORKING FOR YOU. Replace the com.apple.assistant.plist with this. bit.ly/yFGYjW
    I'm not promoting. Just trying to help people out.
    Thank you.

23. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

+1. iMZDL has been fantastic, and VERY professional.

24. mphilip macrumors member

mphilip

Yep, Bought the 15 dollar plan too. And it's been working great for me so far. Had the issue of Siri saying " Please try again later," last week! I just Turned OFF Siri > Deleted the com.apple.assistant.plist > Rebooted > Turned ON Siri and it was back to normal. All worth the 15 dollars i spend. We all know this is not going to last forever with Apple trying to stop this proxy procedure. Till i get my Factory Unlocked iPhone 4S, I'm Happy with BlizzardDevTeam's Proxy .... :)

25. undergroundHACK thread starter macrumors regular