How Many People Still Running 10.5 On Alu Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JamesGorman, Dec 8, 2009.

1. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Just as the title says? Im just wondering how many people are still running 10.5.x and why haven't you upgraded ?

Thanks,
    James

2. chill. macrumors 6502

i'm guilty, just haven't gotten around to it because there were loads of people complaining about bugs and there are no features that really interest me

3. Mlandzaat macrumors newbie

Guilty as wel, allthough I did upgrade to Snow Leopard before.
    Had some problems that now turn out to be hardware related, wasn't sure about that so I did go back to Leopard to make sure Snow Leopard wasn't the cause of my problems.
    But I'm going back to Snow Leopard as soon as I get my problems with the Macbook sorted out:)
    Don't know why because Leopard runs OK for me to, must be I like to be the latest OS or something...:cool:

Martijn

4. tri3limited macrumors 6502

Leopard works perfectly for me and although all my hardware add-ons now have drivers, it seems like quite an effort to go for a wipe and install - have never trusted 'upgrade' option on anything!

5. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

Another one here. I actually HAD SL installed. But backed out because it was just too buggy/sluggish on my MacBook. So I reinstalled Leopard. I do miss some of SL's stuff like GCD (I have software I wrote that uses it).

6. Psycdude macrumors member

The minor upgrade hardly seemed worth the effort or cost...
    Which says a lot considering it is relatively cheap an easy to upgrade :D

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

I bought the upgrade disk at the $9.95 price since I had just purchased a new MBP. However, I haven't bothered to upgrade from 10.5.8 since I see no good reason to do so. My MBP is perfectly stable and works fine and I don't want to mess with something working well. I've seen too many issues with SL.

8. firewater macrumors regular

Everything seems to be working great with SL update for now, yea the internet problem has been fix!!!:)