How many People Still Waiting?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Digital Skunk, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

How many Macintosh user are out there waiting for the UMMac from Apple? Or just a 13.3 inch MacBook Pro mini with a backlit keyboard and some other features reminicent of the still great 12" PowerBook G4? How many users out there love the new MacBook Pro with Santa Rosa but are waiting for that extra hmph, that extra piece of something nice to set the MacBook Pro apart from other Intel based PCs; that one piece that Apple kinda forgot when trying to catch up with other PC makers?

How many people are out there waiting for built in 3G support, optional Blue-Ray or HD-DVD, optional Western Digital 250GB HDD @5400 rpm, or a new design with some feature that many have been waiting for... the ability to change the HDD without voiding the warranty? Maybe that magnetic latch from the MacBook that was cute in the beginning but now seems more practical than the button latch on the MBP, after getting your fingernail caught in the thing one time too many?

Hmm... what else... I do remember someone saying they wanted to turn the camera around so they could record someone infront of them for college notes or something... anyone else agree?

Was anyone expecting more graphics memory standard, like 256MB on the low end and 512 on the high end?

I still love the MacBook Pro... I just recall Steve saying welcome to 2007 and that this was going to be a great year with all kinds of new breakthrough technology and designs... he has done well financially, but it seems that he is doing well by following a more simplified PC maker upgrade path... take the same case and put new hardware in it. If it works I guess don't fix it... but this is Apple and Steve Jobs, the guy who invented good looking computers and technical devices. Where's the innovation, where's the Ooh! I want that so bad because it looks so wonderful and nice!

Where the heck is my full screen iPod Video with iPhone UI?:mad:

Anybody disagree or agree?

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

3. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

No, he's waiting for Stoakely Seaburg to appear in the Mac Pros.

4. Digital Skunk thread starter macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Yeah... I can definitely remember that he is waiting for the MacPro update.

5. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Lol :p

I'm waiting for a Mac laptop with integrated 3G, sure. Oh, and an ultraportable for that matter. Add in a SSD while you're at it, and a case redesign for the MBP.

However, when one wants OS X and wont accept anything less there needs to be compromise. The revised MBP ticks a lot more boxes than the one it replaces, enough, in fact, for me to buy one. Thank goodness for my diddy little 3G HSDPA modem!

That doesn't mean I'm not waiting, or more appropriately anticipating, Mac laptops that tick more of my boxes in the future.

6. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

Wow, totally over your head.

Rich.

7. Spoony Bard macrumors regular

Slightly OT, but would someone care to explain all the hubub about this "Multimedia" character?

8. Digital Skunk thread starter macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

He is a member of MacRumors like you and me except he is the all powerful multimedia and editing guru that has knowledge on just about everything multimedia related on this planet.

Be very careful or you will summon his presence...