How many people use a speck type case or sleeve for mba

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by abz1981, Nov 8, 2011.

1. abz1981, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011

abz1981 macrumors 65816

Hey all
    Dunno how to create a poll so just asking how many people look after there mba with a speck type case or sleeve?

I guess I have wrapped my MBA in Cotten wool. Got a speck case to save from scratches and a Moshi keyboard case.

What about everyone else.

Thanks in advance

2. GGJstudios, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Minhthien macrumors 6502

Check out BookBook for mba! I have speck fitted series on my MBP but if I were get the new MBA will definitely pick up the bookbook!

4. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

I'm leaning towards Booq myself. BookBook looks cool, but that's not my style, and I've heard some less than good reviews in regards to speck.

5. NikFinn, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011

NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

I use the Skinny Sleeve by Acme Made. It's relatively slim, and has a strap to close instead of a zipper. My favorite feature however is how there's pieces of plastic woven inside to protect from anything potentially denting the aluminum. Not entirely sure how effective it is, but it's what sold me.

Edit.
    The reason I don't have a Speck case is due to them adding to the size of my computer. I've never had any major damage to any of my computers while they were out/not in my bag. The sleeve provides the protection of the Speck (thanks to those inserts) but only while it's away (being tossed in a bag with books and random other things) means it's the perfect sleeve for me. A lot of people swear by the Speck cases and they seem popular, but I don't believe they add anything to the looks and the protection isn't for me. I also don't keep my iPhone in case, but instead just use a screen protector. I might also recommend an Invisheild/Wrapsols for your MacBook Air, but I digress.

6. Poopsie macrumors newbie

Stay away from Speck! Do a search, you will find that most others, like myself, have a Speck that cracked within two months. They are garbage, and CS is not worth a damn either. Never, ever will purchase from them again.

7. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

I have a carrying case for my mba 13. Just a basic one.

It really is not hard to care for any basic laptop apple or not. Common sense and keeping it away from people drinking and boozing and ( other stuff ) should go along way.

I have not had any problems with any laptop for 20 years or so. Your mileage may vary!

8. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hey all

cookbook looks cool but seems expensive from what I have seen. £84 for 11inch MBA for example.

Regarding Speck, already have this mines been okay so far. I only got the speck case after reviews on the apple store. I also have a incase case to put my mba in. I don't know if I have got this MBA overprotected lol.

9. pollaxe macrumors 6502

pollaxe

My Speck Satin case is going back to America today - I'm in the UK. I liked the case very much but build quality seems poor as it cracked without any knocks or mishandling, plus it's probably going to cost a fair few £s to return it, too.

I don't think I'll be buying Speck again..

Otherwise, I carry the MBA in a Tucano Workout Bag - though one of the zips has jammed on the inner lining. I'm not having much luck, am I? :D

10. cedwhatev macrumors 6502

cedwhatev

I'll be receiving my MintCase sleeve any day now... looking forward to it.

11. imahawki macrumors 6502a

Yep. I had two crack and Speck won't even answer my inquiries. SCREW SPECK!

12. ihonda macrumors 68000

i have a clear speck that i take off once a week, no cracking yet *fingers crossed*

i dont like using it but my gf is a klutz and if she drops something on my mba ill stab her in the neck. seeing as a love her a few days out of the week i dont want to do that.