How many people using an iPhone 3Gs in 2014?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Olasz156, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Olasz156 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3Gs 16Gb JB unlocked.I bought this IPhone from a friend in the last month,and now rebuild it.New Black back cover and digitizer.The phone was made in 2009 and still works with all original component. Battery cycle 520.

:apple:

2. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

i haven't seen someone used a 3GS since i was 21? 22 I'm 25 now.

whats a digitizer?

my 3GS works still, but at 30-50% it just fades out and turns off

3. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

I was using a 3GS until last month, when I finally got custody of my elder daughter's 4! Battery was still strong despite the phone being in daily use for four years.

Comparing the two devices the major upgrades are the increased ppi and iOS7. The 3GS's display looks very coarse now, and iOS6 has a quaint, olden days quality to it.

But the 3GS is still a lovely compact phone – no bending here – and is absolutely fine for my needs, ie telephony, iMessage/Whatsapp, Tapatalk, Facebook, and a little light browsing.

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I saw a guy with a 3GS last night on the subway.

5. buntym macrumors member

6. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I gave my mom my old 3GS a month or so ago. She can't really afford a cell phone (she's a $10 add-on to our plan) and it's way better than what she had before (a simple talk/text slider phone). When I was getting it ready for her I was surprised at how well it still worked.

She also doesn't have internet access so this way she can get on Facebook and see pictures of the grandkids.

And play Candy Crush.

7. nfl46 macrumors 604

My aunt uses an iPhone 3GS. She doesn't like it because she thinks the screen is too small. So, I decided to surprise her with my 4.7" Moto X, since I have an iPhone 6 Plus now. Hopefully, she likes the bigger screen in a compact size.

8. eneisch macrumors 6502a

I have a friend who still rocks a 3GS. It is so funny to watch him wait for programs to open! He says the extra time give him a chance to ponder the meaning of life. He is planning on upgrading to a 6 after all the hoopla dies down.

9. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I'm rocking a black 8gb 3gs on AT&T while I wait for my 6 plus. It's slow and small but it's getting the job done.

10. wulfin macrumors regular

wulfin

My hubby uses my old 3GS... but it's having it's problems... the mute switch no longer works, the volume buttons have issues...and he's gone through 3 screens on the thing (which could be the reason his buttons are failing).

It's still running the iOS it came with, though jailbroken.. but he uses it only for the phone capabilities so it's ok for him (he doesn't even have a data plan on it...so the constant messages from his carrier to add data are quite annoying since he gets one every 24 hours!!).

11. venomgt95 macrumors 6502

venomgt95

Im using a 3GS :D kinda on the slow side, but does what i need it to do. I wanna get an iPhone 4. Seeing how app support for iOS 7 should be around for a while, itll last and satisfy my needs for a few years :)

12. Goncas macrumors newbie

I had a 3GS in 2010 but I had to sold it to buy a dual sim phone. Yes yes, so stupid....

A year agora I bought the iPhone 5 but I'm planning to buy a 3GS to the parties :D

13. rkRusty, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014

rkRusty macrumors member

rkRusty

I'm still going with the 3GS as my main (i.e. only) phone. Bought it secondhand, too, 4 years ago from a skinhead.

14. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I hope not.

My dad always said he was fine with his 4 but then I gave him my 5C last month.

After 2 weeks he came back to me: "Wow! I am using my phone so much more than I used to! Everything is just so much easier to use! Things just work fast and I don't have to wait for them!"

I know he's not lying because I can actually CALL him now and the phone is in his pocket instead of sitting in his bedroom. He's also using maps for the first time ever. I had no idea giving him that phone would result in such a dramatic change.