Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pologreen94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2015
How many are preordering on blind faith that there will be a third party band that will work? Is there any hope that magically tomorrow there will be an option for an XL band??

chriswhv6

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2015
I'm contemplating the exact same thing whether to preorder or not.....
My wrist is 250 mm so I know for sure wont fit me.

The question is now do I preorder and secure the watch at least and hope for extra links to be sold by Apple or do I wait to know for sure it will fit me but maybe then the watch will be sold out for months?????

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I'd wait to buy until I was sure that I could get one that fits me. No sense in ordering one if you can't wear it.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
How many are preordering on blind faith that there will be a third party band that will work? Is there any hope that magically tomorrow there will be an option for an XL band??

An Australian fellow with 230 wrists posted his experiences trying on the bands. He was getting a few of the bigger ones to fit.

My guess is that third party bands will be as common as third party cases for the iPhone. Even getting extra links for the links band is something I expect apple or the market will solve.

So I wouldn't loose sleep about this. Maybe if you are north of 250 you won't have many choices. But you will get a band that fits.

----------

I'm contemplating the exact same thing whether to preorder or not.....
My wrist is 250 mm so I know for sure wont fit me.

The question is now do I preorder and secure the watch at least and hope for extra links to be sold by Apple or do I wait to know for sure it will fit me but maybe then the watch will be sold out for months?????

I think links will be available. But that is the one issue I worry about. Remember each link is slightly different sized. But many folks will be taking out links and have them lying around never to be used. So they may sell them.
In any case, I wouldn't buy the links bracelet until this issue is solved clearly. Buy the SS with the rubber band. You know you can punch another hole in that band to make it fit. Save the links purchase for later.

chriswhv6

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2015
The only problem is i want the Black SS model and i believe that only comes with the metal Link Bracelet option.

I would have gone for the leather or rubber band option but u can only get it in the silver finish sadly.

Well I've got 5 hours until pre-orders begin to make up my mind lol.

I was thinking though with the pre-orders you can cancel any time as long its before the shipping date right?
If thats the case i might preorder one now to secure it and when it gets closer to 24 April ill make up my mind 100% then maybe???

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
I'm ordering the milanese loop and hope it looks good or atleast OK lol, I know the third party options will take care of that anyway

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Well if you have faith in any of the third party watch strap adapters you could preorder with the intention of buying one of those and buying a standard watch band that fits your wrist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.