How many peripheral can you plug to the HDMI adapter?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bibyfok, May 13, 2015.

1. bibyfok macrumors 6502

bibyfok

Hello

I have ordered the adapter for USB C -> Charging/HDMI/USB A
    I want to plug a USB hub, preferably something with an ethernet port so I can limit the number of peripheral connected, as I cant find a USB hub with and electricity plug and a gigabit ethernet.

I saw a post where someone tried to plug a lot of peripheral into a unalimented hub but i cant find this post anymore.

Thanks.

2. thitiv macrumors member

My two cents: I plugged a powered USB hub to my USB-C to USB cable and was able to hook up an external hard drive, an iPhone and a scanner to my 1.1 GHz base rMB successfully. Everything worked. BUT when I unplugged the power source from the hub, everything got disconnected. My assertion is that you can hook up USB devices via a powered USB hub as many as you like. The number would be limited by the theoretical max number of devices that can be chained, which is a lot.

3. bibyfok thread starter macrumors 6502

bibyfok

Yes I know that, that's why i'm asking how many peripheral you can plug on a non-powered USB hub.

Thanks for you input :)

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

It would be unique to every situation as the model of hub being used could be different as well as the peripherals that get plugged into it. The answer might range from 1 to who knows depending on the power needs.