How many phones will each person be able to buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by addjames, Jun 25, 2007.

1. addjames macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if there's a limit to the number of phones each person waiting in line can buy?

For example, can I wait in line for my family and then buy 3 phones for the people on my family plan? Or what if I want to buy 3 individual plans?

Thanks!

2. Dermot81 macrumors member

I believe it's one phone per person. I'd imagine they might make an exception for family plans, though.

3. walangij macrumors 6502

I think that they'll probably limit it even with family plans in the initial release just to satisfy the demand and customers. Since there is no subsidy, it'll cost the same to get the iPhone when you sign up or after, so probably it'll be the iPhone and then those freebie phones so you can replace the sim later hopefully.

I don't think they'll allow a family of X on a family plan to get X iPhones, what if you're standing behind that 1 guy buying the family plan and then they run out b/c he bought X for his family, the people behind him will be quite unhappy to see that 1 guy walk out with a bag full of X iPhones for son, daughter, wife, ect.

4. addjames thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you know this for sure? How so?

5. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

i believe for every girl you've slept with you are allowed to buy one. sadly, most people on this forum won't be allowed to buy even 1. :D

6. indig0blue macrumors member

How long before someone asks if guys count? LOL :D

7. Private Sector macrumors member

8. DIABLO2345 macrumors newbie

9. brisully macrumors member

Looks like you can only buy one at AT&T stores. From an email I just received from AT&T:

So for those looking to hoard iPhones for eBay, you may have to head to an Apple store.

10. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

You stand in line to hoard iPhones for sale on eBay and I catch wind of your plan, prepare to be beaten to a bloody pulp with my powerbook.

11. Furgster macrumors 6502

Furgster

12. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

i find it odd that you can have multiple iPhones on a family plan, but it's limit 1 per person to purchase. so i guess if you have a family plan with 2 lines and both want iPhones, both people need to be at the store to purchase them?

13. Gonzlobo Suspended

And why would I be greedy if I have a family plan and want 2?

14. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

ditto... I can't stand people like that. Get a real job.

15. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Well, I read that they'll be shipping about 4 million units for the weekend, so all the eBayers will be sitting on unsellable phones. Good! :mad:

16. clayk macrumors member

I just got an email from at&t with a link to find a store that will sell the iPhone. The email said "one per person"

17. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Sorry, I should've been more clear. I am addressing all the eBay-ers.

18. kalamus macrumors member

I'll be right there with you, but I might use a sledgehammer instead, Misery style. Lets see him walk out of the mall like that!

19. Antaios macrumors regular

it's me from at&t... one per person in line. family acounts must bring each person getting an iphone and have them stand in line also.

20. wongulous macrumors 6502a

Well, frankly, I don't have $1200 sitting around, so I'm going to be waiting for student loan times to get me and my partner's! I'm glad I won't have this worry.

Why are people so weird that they must have it this instant? Wait a week, you'll live!

21. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

22. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

So all straight women will not be allowed to buy the iPhone? :eek:

I think it should be one per person, unless your getting a family plan (duh!). I like the idea of your entire family waiting in line. You all can spend some quality time together. :D

Me, I'll be ordering mine online, when I can save up the money, (fingers crossed for the end of the summer) and possibly one for my mom if she wants one (and forks over the cash).

23. DIABLO2345 macrumors newbie

yeah its confirmed that AT&T is 1 per person what I really want to know how many can we get at the Apple store.