How Many Photographers/Video Editors Here Actually LIKE the Glossy Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by appledrummer, Oct 15, 2008.

?

Do Pros Prefer Glossy or Matte

1. Like It

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. Don't Like It

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  1. appledrummer macrumors member

Although not one myself, I hear so much bickering about the need for a matte option and how "consumery" the glossy option. Occasionaly i see the lone post saying that pros actually prefer the glossy screen. So I was wondering how many pro users actually prefer glossy to matte.

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

The question is How many Pro's prefer glossy to matte and the options are don't like it and like it? :p

I just stepped into our Computer Lab which has Macs from all walks of life, and went up to the imacs and was utterly disgusted. Admittedly, I've seen macbooks and Macbook pro's with glossy screens in the Apple store and hated those too, but after I sat down and tried to use photoshop, I realized that I was trying to use brush strokes on my face, not the image (kidding) but seriously its a pain in the butt with the glare, from my point of view.

I'm never getting rid of my Matte MBP if this is the future. I guess i better buy one of the "old gen" ACD's too if this is the crap apple is going to pump out for the rest of forever.

3. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

as a photographer and (somewhat of a) videographer...the glossy screen and lack of bluray are what's keeping me out of this generation's macbooks. It's blasphemy around here, but I'm sticking with my Vista Lenovo a while longer (and very happy with it btw)

4. appledrummer thread starter macrumors member

yea haha sorry about that. I was a bit to hasteful when I was making this thread/poll

5. Rankrotten macrumors 6502

Rankrotten

As a photographer shooting and sending outdoors on location glossy is the screen of choice as it is easily readable under direct sunlight. Try that with a matte screen and see nothing.

When properly hardware calibrated it works well with the Eizo proofing monitors our colour repro guys use back in the office.

6. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

The occasional lone post? Only professional photographers?

I am one of many hobbyists who uses my Mac for post-processing of photographs and am one of many who far prefer a matte screen and regret that Apple is moving away from offering this as an option.

BTW, the available answers in your poll don't correlate in any way to the question so you can really throw this poll out and start again.

7. DaveTheGrey macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

8. tofudc5 macrumors member

this poll is useless, what's to stop anyone from just voting and not knowing if they really are a pro or not.

9. Europe calling macrumors regular

Europe calling

Yeah, this is useless. Especially since there already was a matte/glossy poll.
    Around 70% prefer matte.
    We need Apple to be convinced to design a MacbookPro that has this option.
    And get rid of the horrible black bezel iMac look for the Pro range while they're at it.