Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjn419

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
and how much space does iTunes say is taken up by your photos...

me: 218 pics, 2.2GB

Seems to take up a lot of memory, how do you manage your photos?

I like the 'Places' feature so I wish I could keep all the pics I take in the camera roll but seems like space is becoming an issue on my 32GB iPhone...

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Zero in camera roll.

Every night (or every few days) I will sync all of my photos that I have taken during that period to my iPhoto, and I have created a Smart Folder to only add photos that have a 5 star rating. So instead of having duplicate from the same event/place, or a bunch of photos that are Ok but I don't need keep them on my phone, I now have a folder with only my favorite photos that I like to show off to family/friends.

I also have a Smart Folder for my videos.
screenshot20101021at413.png

fizzwinkus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2008
i sync almost my entire iphoto library, or about 20 gb of photos. it only takes about 6 gb on my iphone though, because i do not sync full quality photos. itunes resizes them on the iphone (and only on iphone).

it also helps that my professional photos (~100gb) are in aperture, not iphoto.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I try to keep it clean and import all the photos to my Mac every 3 or 4 days.

So my roll is pretty small most of the time.

What I sync back to the phone changes a lot since I use Smart Albums in iPhoto to decide what to put on the phone. It keeps the last few weeks and then anything older is removed unless it has 4 or 5 stars.

At the moment I have 5,285 photos on my phone which are taking up 4.6 GB. It changes a bit but that's pretty average.

(I think I have about 80-100 GB of photos within iPhoto itself.)

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Zero in camera roll.

Every night (or every few days) I will sync all of my photos that I have taken during that period to my iPhoto, and I have created a Smart Folder to only add photos that have a 5 star rating. So instead of having duplicate from the same event/place, or a bunch of photos that are Ok but I don't need keep them on my phone, I now have a folder with only my favorite photos that I like to show off to family/friends.

I do what this guy does. Minus the smart folders.

HitchHykr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Virginia
Zero. It annoys me when iPhoto launches when I plug in my iPhone to my Mac so I keep the camera roll empty. Oh, and when I tell iPhoto to import and delete, it doesn't delete the photos from the iPhone...so then I'm annoyed X 2 :(

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
and how much space does iTunes say is taken up by your photos...

me: 218 pics, 2.2GB

Seems to take up a lot of memory, how do you manage your photos?

I like the 'Places' feature so I wish I could keep all the pics I take in the camera roll but seems like space is becoming an issue on my 32GB iPhone...

do you want a cookie or something

that's like asking how many pics I have on my regular camera

like everyone else I sync my pics with my computer.

Chanowitz

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2007
how many pictures have you accumilated whilst owning an iphone

well since purchasing the 3G the summer it came out and now having the iP4 for about 2 months. how many pictures do you have on your iphone. I have 1,354 photos and 25 videos

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
I have over 700 on the phone presently and have probably downloaded at least 700 others to my Mac.
One thing that surprises me so far with my iPhone 4 is that I haven't taken many videos. I expect that to change in the coming months as ski season arrives here because I try to take videos of every trip I take.

chembox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
23.9GB of media content (including videos/photos) since June 25th.

I should seriously consider adding another HD now. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.