How many pixels does the notification center have?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arkon, Oct 3, 2011.

1. arkon macrumors member

I have no proof for this, I`m maybe a little bit late. But need youre help. I think I resolved a mystery.

Have a look at an offical picture from the Apple Homepage:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It shows the notifications.

I make a reference to this article:
    http://www.tuaw.com/2011/02/16/the-four-inch-iphone-display-doing-the-math/
    (please read it, its interesting)

Apple cant force app developers to change to resolution on their apps for a few pixels. But they can use the "extra" pixels for notifactions that can come up without disturb the main application.

So how many pixels do this new notifactions use is the question?

2. jamald macrumors newbie

Definitely more than 32px. The status bar is 40px and the notifications are much taller than that. It's a nice idea though.

EDIT: Unless... they position the app closer to the bottom and let there be 64px up top.

3. arkon thread starter macrumors member

yes youre right, were talking about 64 pixels. I found a picture with the 960x640 resolution and a notifaction like this, it seems the notifications has 80 pixels.

[​IMG]

And then, I looked is it possible to cut it down(just cut) to 64 pixels. It is possible with no loss of information. The edges on the notifactions would have to be refitted. But the icon and the text would still be fine.

[​IMG]

4. arkon thread starter macrumors member

What do you think, seems possible to handle a bigger screen thats still a retina and you have no problems with the apps.