How many ppl are going to return their iPhone 4 if...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mytakeontech, Jul 13, 2010.

?

How many ppl are going to return iPhone 4 if Apple does not release software fix?

1. I have already returned, waiting for the fix and then decide.

11 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. I am going to return before 30 days of my contract are over.

34 vote(s)
    35.4%
  3. I have those issues but I am keeping iPhone 4, I know the issues are software related.

15 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. I do not have any of those two issues.

36 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

...the software fix does not come before 30 days period of their new contract?

The software fix, I hope, fixes...

1. Proximity sensor issue - My phone has this.
    2. Signal issue - Apple had commented on this. Whatever fix they want to provide.

I think these are the only two major complains ppl have else all other issue are minor and software related so I am not really concerned about those.

Issue 1 and 2 could be hardware related and I really don't want to get stuck in contract for that and keep hoping that Apple will soon release a software fix.

Once I see that the software fix has taken care of issue 1 I am all good. I really don't find issue 2 that problematic.

Again, I am not here to start any flame war. I have owned all 4 generation iPhones and I like iPhone 4 too.

2. appleg33k macrumors member

3. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

How many people are going to post redundant threads?

4. appleg33k macrumors member

how many people are going to make redundant posts in threads about redundant threads?

5. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

I am, reluctantly, going to post redundant posts in redundant threads.

6. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

going to keep it, But I'm interested in what solutions will be, Recall?

7. leftcoast macrumors member

Mine is still processing but as soon as it arrives I am going to go down the list of problems to see if any affect me, and if they do I'll return it within two days. I don't want to get stuck with the $18 fee because it would irritate me for at least a week.

8. xmtgx macrumors regular

I have those issues but I am keeping iPhone 4, I know the issues are software related.
    I do not have any of those two issues.

Or I have the issues, but I'm keeping the phone, I know the issues are hardware related but I don't hold the phone like a moron.

9. randomerratum macrumors 6502

+1
    +1

10. mytakeontech thread starter macrumors 6502a

If you return it in 30 days there is no charge.

I got the Phone on 24th. I will wait until 22nd, if no fix released, iPhone 4 goes back.

11. mytakeontech thread starter macrumors 6502a

+1

12. randomerratum macrumors 6502

Other:
    Death Grip, yes. Proximity sensor, no.
    No, unless a formal recall/replacement program is called, I will not be returning my iPhone because I'm perfectly happy with it in it's bumper.

Hoping for a software fix (not holding my breath) or $30 credit as reimbursement for the bumper, but if not, no biggie. This phone rocks! :D

13. tigress666 macrumors 68040

How about this?

I believe there is an issue with the design and I'm sure it is hardware (I don't think it's near as bad as people make it out to be as I don't think the work arounds available are really all that hard to do *shrug*). It also doesn't affect my use of the phone that much and I'm willing to do the work around if I do come across it affecting me (I have to try to get the antenna to reproduce). The phone has way more benefits I enjoy than flaws that annoy me (in fact the big design flaw doesn't even seem to affect me much anyways).

As for the proximity sensor, yes, I'd exchange it if I had that problem (that I think is a defect in some phones). No way would I deal with a phone that I'd be constantly accidentally hitting buttons when I was using it to talk.

Neither of these options are on your poll.

Honestly, it's too hard to do an accurate poll with two different problems, particularly when one is design and one is defect. Too many combinations of answers.

14. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I'm gonna probably keep it anyway. Still the best phone on the market, even with it's issues. I've got a case on it so I don't have any real problem with reception from the death grip. My only real complaint is with the prox sensor and that should be easily fixed with software.

15. mytakeontech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the inputs. I put those two issues in focus because those are on the top of the list.

Whether it's a design flaw or not, it is not confirmed yet. We have to wait for Apple's official response on that.

Once Apple says that, nothing can be done with bar dropping because it's not software related and other phones too have that problem then one can confirm the design flaw!

Otherwise wait until Apple releases next version of OS. Let's give Apple a chance here!!

16. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

If people are having problems with the phone working for them now, they should return it.

There is no magic software fix coming to save them.

If your phone does not work return it.

17. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Yeah, I'm really going to return my phone because Apple haters and people who wouldn't buy the phone anyway hate it and publish crap reviews.

The only people answering "yes" are Fandroids who don't own iPhones. Including the thread creator.

18. mytakeontech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just because you have keyboard to type don't just type any crap!

I have owned all 4 iPhones so far and so did my wife and I don't think I have to show any proof of that to anybody!

I personally tried EVO 4G for two weeks but found out that it's not for me and Android OS is not as good as iOS (at least from my view point).

I don't care what Fandroids say but I personally have prox sensor issue. Reg death-grip or whatever crap, I don't give much importance.

Just because someone does not like something about Apple or its products does not make that person Fandroid or whatever crap!

Frankly, I am not fan of Apple/iPhone but I am fan of Quality products whether they are from Google, Palm or Microsoft!

So far Apple has really trumped all and that's why I am with Apple!

19. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

But, what should I do if my phone does not work?

20. mytakeontech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good that you are not in Apple making decisions on these issues! :rolleyes:

21. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

22. iArch macrumors regular

iArch

The iPhone 4 was my third iPhone, my wife has a 3G, and we have various other iDevices here and there, including a Touch, classic and mini. I returned my iPhone 4 today and went back to using my 3GS. It was the second 4 I've returned, the first having suffered from the same issues and then some. So while we may very well be reading a bunch of made up posts from non-owners and fans of other brands, rest assured that there are plenty of us out here with no axe to grind. In fact, after returning the 4 today, I bought a new MacBook Pro.

When or if they manage to fix this new phone, I'll buy another.

23. mhdena macrumors 6502

Add Blue tooth to the list for what the fix is supposed to fix.

I spoke to a senior tech support person who says the software fix is due by the end of the month and they are aware of many bluetooth complaints. My phone came today, so I have 29 days to see how much fixing it does.

My Bluetooth (Plantronic 975) sounds great on both ends. It did however 'lose' 3 calls today:eek:.

I paired the iphone to my 2 Eclipse radios with Bluetooth tonight, I'll be testing over the next few weeks and see if the 'fix' comes when promised so I'll have a couple of more weeks to test.

If it doesn't pass my bluetooth tests back it goes:(