How many servers do you think....

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
are required to power the whole Apple empire. They have a host of international sites which are quite extensive, music and video download stores, they'll also maintain financial records as well as dedicated servers to manage R&D projects. Im guessing quite alot. They must have this bunker loaded with Xserves right?, must store around 500 terabytes of data at least?

Just a random topic i thought i'd throw out there

Dane D.

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2004
ohio
Interesting thought, daneoni. Add to that, what system or systems are they running? What about backup and archiving? The number of staff to maintain such a setup? The power consumption? The list could get long real fast when you stop and think about it.

Suspended
May 27, 2005
bigandy said:
but I think it may have been just so they could put everything in one place :rolleyes:
I wouldn't think they would put everything in one place in the interest of redundancy.

Due to the industry I'm involved with I've been in a very high level data center and in the co-managed halls were Microsoft equipment.

I wish i could go into more detail about what i seen and the measures they have in place, its was simply amazing!