How many think iphones will be release prior to June 19th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by prp134, Jun 16, 2009.

?

Will Apple truly allow early release of iphones?

Poll closed Jun 20, 2009.
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  1. prp134 macrumors regular

Everyone knows the release date to be June 19th and anyone that pre-order was "promise" an iphone on this day....However, recent posts suggest some people might have it earlier...

However, why then have a release date??? When Harry Potter books had a release date...NO ONE would dare ship them early for fear of lawsuits...

What is going on Apple....why are you doing this to me?????????

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

No, its foolish to believe otherwise. Unless the courier messes up, they will hold them.

3. chattermark macrumors member

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

As much as I'd like to believe UPS when they say if their site say the 17th, it's the 17th, I've learned in my 26 years to never get my hopes up unless I know FOR SURE what's going to happen.

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

The only way people get them is if UPS screws up and delivers some of them. It's a fact that UPS will have these in their hands and ready for delivery as early as tomorrow, as you can tell by people saying "Expected Delivery: June 17th". I wouldn't be surprised if at least one UPS location screws up and sends some out for delivery. Someone might lose their job over it, but I don't see it being that far fetched. Apple will not be happy, but there's nothing they can do about it.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

7. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

It's unlikely the phones will be delivered before Friday, but on the off chance they are, you may not be able to activate them.

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent