How many thinking about returning after 14 days??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tttexxan, Jul 12, 2008.

1. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

There has been alot of issues...Are you going to ride them out for less than two weeks and return if issues cont?? I have noticed some bad reception around town and my wifes 2g gets better reception on edge....We were out and her phone showed 4 bars on the edge and mine showed 1-2...
    My thoughts were shouldnt I be on 3G anyway since IM in a major city with 3G....
    I have had more drop calls in the past 2 days than ever with the 2G...

Screen not as yellow on the second one I recieved upon returning the first...

Battery life only lasting about 1 day so far....

Lock up with saving pics to photo library but this occured with 2g phone

Will keep testing

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You have 30 days, not 14.

And the only issue I have is the slight yellow tint. Not even close to motivating me to returning this phone. No reception issues either.

3. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

apple products have 14 day return policy. Minus 10% restocking fee.

4. tttexxan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes apples store buyer so only get 14days...
    I still wish the GPS was better on this....Such potential...

5. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Tom tom and others are coming out with better gps apps for the 3g iphone. Just be patient.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Except for the iPhone 3G, which is 30 days. At least that's the case if you buy from AT&T.

7. jakeacc macrumors regular

TomTom said they were working on a GPS app for the iPhone. They have been developing this on an iPhone that is jailbroken. They are doing this because Apple clearly states in its Developers Terms of Agreements that apps using turn-by-turn GPS navigation is not allowed. Even if TomTom creates an awesome GPS navigation App, they aren't allowed to legally sell it on the App Store since its breaks the TOA. But I'm sure someone will create this App and will be available to anyone willing to jailbreak their 3G iPhone.

The reason I think Apple is not allowing turn GPS turn-by-turn navigation apps is because:
    A. the GPS radio built in the iPhone is too small and weak to create accurate turn-by-turn directions
    B. Apple is working on their own navigation system that they plan to sell on the App Store

8. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Google is our friend:

9. phatcat macrumors regular

Bluetooth echo in my Toyota's factory radio is a big problem. Googling it also shows many hits on this including one of the first 3 major reviews.

I'm anticipating a firmware fix soon, otherwise it's going back.