Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
What's the point of continually checking when you know when it's coming?

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
I'm checking daily. When Apple came up with their scheduled date, they ended up picking an awful time for me. (I didn't order until 5:30 am CDT). Now, they predict October 5, a day I'll be out of town and won't be back until late on the 9th. Will it be left on my front door step? Will they make a couple attempts and give up before I return? October 3 or earlier would be much more convenient. I could activate the phone and restore from my last iPhone 4 backup before leaving town.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I check mine maybe twice a day. It reads 'preparing for shipment.'

I woke up at 3AM EST to order it, so I know its coming on the 21st. I wish I could have it a day early as I will be stuck with a flip phone for 4 days. :(

BlueKhufu

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2010
Hold on... Still processing... Okay.. I don't see the need to keep checking.... One second... Damn... Processing... Where were we? Oh yeah. What's the point of constantly pounding... Brb... refresh... yes, I'm sure I want to submit this form, stop asking.. Wtf.. Processing.. So to summarize, I feel the change to the new adapter, while inconvenient initially will.... give me one sec here... SON OF A BITCH I ORDERED AT 3:05am EST WHY IS IT STILL PROCESSING?!?!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.