how many times do you need to take it back before you get a replacement??

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by smogsy, Jun 5, 2010.

1. smogsy macrumors 6502a

My Mac Pro is going wrong again, i don't know if to ask for a new one, out right or my money back?

heres the story so far: ps all these problems seems related to them changing the case i reacon
    Mac Pro 2009 8 core 2.26 12GB Ram 2TB + 640GB 4870 512MB all Stock Expect 1x1TB cost to me £3280

First trip to Apple Store
    Lost: 3 days of use
    Problem: Video would just freeze mouse moved, (also mentioned PSU BUZZ)
    Repaired: New 4870 New PSU New Case
    Cost £0
    Cost to Apple: £720

Second Trip:
    Lost: 4 days
    Problem: Fan was very noisy (revving up revving down constantly)
    Repaired: 2 Front Fans
    Cost £0
    Cost to Apple: £98

Third Trip (not gone yet but its getting to the point)
    Lost: N/A
    Problem: Both DVD draws are opening and shutting by themselves randomly. sometimes they get stuck half way. (OSX doesn't recognise them after a while even after reboots) + Back fan sounds like its revving up/down now
    Repaired: N/A
    Cost N/A
    Cost To Apple: £0?

When you say enough is enough? and ask for a Entire new Product?

i don't use it for Financial gain but its the annoyance plus, the aggro of something i should need to do. for a 8 month old product.

should i ask for a new one? and is it in my right to ask for my money back?

hoping for your opinion.

2. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

3 sounds right. I got a new Mac Pro after I had to bring my G5 tower in 3 times to replace the processors and logic board.

3. Murray M macrumors regular

Murray M

I just got a new MacBook Pro under a similar situation. However, my situation was a bit more severe than yours:

1) Feb: Audio port failed, replaced (Apple spent around $300)
    2) March: hd crashed, replaced (Apple spent around $500)
    3) March: Disc drive failed, replaced (Apple spent around $500)
    4) April: hd crashed again, hd and motherboard replaced (Apple spent around $1500)
    5) May:computer ran VERY slow (5 minutes to open Safari), at that point they gave me a new i7 MBP with matte screen ($2350). Blew me away. Steve Jobs for president 2012.

Apple had already spent more than the machine was worth new and it was still having tragically huge issues. I lost about 10 days of time, all together. If your machine's main systems are still working well and it's just smaller stuff failing (not hd or motherboard issues) than you might have to wait a bit longer.

Applecare=wow