How Many Times Do You Restart Your Phone Every Day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mpuck972, Aug 8, 2008.

?

How Many Resets Do You Perform Every Day

1. 1-3 Times

27.8%
  2. 3-6 Times

4.2%
  3. More Than 6 Time

1.4%
  4. None, The Jesus Phone Can Do No Wrong

66.7%
  1. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

By pressing the home button and the on/off until the apple logo shows up?

2. atluten macrumors 6502

0, I haven't had to do anything that extreme. There have been a couple times where I've had to force quit an app though.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Very rarely, I just don't see a need to unless the battery runs out and it shuts down automatically :p

4. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Everyday? Try every week, and with 2.0.1 I haven't had any problems occur that required a restart.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Zero to 1. Usually when Aurora Feint goes nuts because I've been spinning my screen to get 10X. Otherwise, it is a rare occurrence.

iPhone EDGE

TEG

6. olliebraves20 macrumors regular

7. DanielJvdBerg macrumors regular

About 2 - 3 times a day.
    Why?
    Because SMS text keyboard occasionally still hangs.
    Games like Super Monkey Ball, and various other programs, even the light ones like MyLite, don't start up and require a reboot to empty the memory.

This is all on 2.0.1.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I do it every 2-3 days for one reason or another.

The way your poll is worded, however, I fall into the "never" category. So I'm not sure how useful the poll is when anyone who does it less than once a day counts as "zero."

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

There's no option for mine....less than once a day. Perhaps a couple of times a week.

10. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I have never had to restart either of my iPhones (3G and original) both running the latest firmware. I love these phones!

11. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

with 2.0.0 - at least 1x per day
    with 2.0.1 - never

12. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Im on 2.0 and i never restart it. One app i had crashed my phone and restart automatically but i since then deleted that app and its all fine now.

13. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I had to re-start it a couple of times in the first week due to a misbehaving app. Very rarely since then and the last time I had to do it was for the 2.0.1 update.

14. nanvinnie macrumors regular

i don't ever reset my phone, but i sometimes will toggle the airplane mode on and off and that helps me get a better signal when i'm not in wifi hotspot.

15. SirOmega macrumors 6502a

Force shutoff? Very very rarely.

However I find that I do have to restart my phone about once a day due to the mail app not working anymore. Very annoying to restart my phone at 4pm and see that it hasn't picked up any mail since 10am.

16. ValientHimself macrumors member

Only had mine since Wednesday, but I haven't had to restart it yet at all.

17. paulold macrumors 6502

I think this poll needs a value somewhere between never and 1-3 times a day. I think I reset once every few days, but I chose "jesus phone" in the poll cause I didn't want to choose once a day. Maybe add a value for "occassionally" or "every few days or so".

I feel like I can tell when my iPhone isn't happy and restarting it seems to help. It's kinda like my work pc, which I leave on all the time. When weird things begin to happen, I know it's time to restart the pc and refresh the RAM. And then things are back to normal.

18. iFerd macrumors 6502a

Instead of resetting, try force quitting Mail by just holding the Home button down while Mail is active. It will quit and return you to the home screen. This has been working for many users who are having trouble picking up email. It's faster than resetting the phone and I bet you will be able to pick up your mail again after doing that. For a time, but maybe not forever. (There is a thread on the Apple forum with almost 500 posts recounting troubles getting and sending email.)

19. elistan macrumors 6502a

In owning the phone for over a year, I've probably done it maybe four or five times total.

20. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Why the sarcastic side comment on the zero option?
    I've had my iPhone (1st Gen and 3G) restart itself a couple of times but I've never had to help it along ;)

21. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

I've only managed to have to do this once in the couple of weeks I've had my iPhone and it was probably my fault for overloading the device...

22. taphil macrumors regular

With 2.0.1, I reboot daily to fix or prevent keyboard lag while texting or emailing.

23. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Instead of rebooting, try just exiting out of SMS/email and reloading, that's what works for all of my friends who have this same problem.