How many times has the MagSafe cord saved you?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by luminosity, Mar 2, 2008.

1. luminosity macrumors 65816

luminosity

How many times in the time you've had your MacBook/Pro have you had what would once have been a disastrous situation (i.e. accidently yanking your laptop off the table and onto the floor several feet below) into nothing more than an annoying moment that's easily fixed?

Just happened to me today, and has on many other occasions over the past year.

2. aosman macrumors 6502

On average I would say a couple of time per day. its a great feature on the apple laptops. I love it!

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I'd say none. I've scoured my memory for situations where the power cord detaching has been a notebook-saver and I can't think of a single one. I've never had problems with power cables with any of the notebooks I've had to be honest.

On the other hand, I can detail many, many occasions during the era of the Core Duos and the early Core 2 Duos where Magsafe would drive me crazy by not engaging properly (or failing). I'd also have to say that the MBP PSU has been the least reliable out of all my notebooks PSU's by quite a large margin.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

After almost 2 years of MacBook ownership, I think the magsafe has saved me 1 or 2 times.

In comparison, a friend once knocked my 12" PowerBook off the table because the cord was wrapped around an arm of a swivelling chair beside my desk. He just swung the chair around and my laptop was yanked off my desk and onto......the chair! Thank goodness for that. However, I still checked to see if the plug area of my laptop was damaged. Thankfully, there was no damage. :)

I'm still glad to have the magsafe, though.

Of course it hasn't helped you. It's a feature unique to Apple.

5. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

A lot of times, but on the other hand, they tend to be quite fragile. Today I had to get my THIRD connector because previous two have fried (and I have been especially carefull not to twist the chords or yank them). Arghh. At least it is the small one (new 85w,) so I got something nice off it.