How many times have u dropped your iphone 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Nov 17, 2013.

?

How many times have you dropped your 5s?

1. 1

21 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. 2

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. 3

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. 4

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. 4 and more

11 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Never

52 vote(s)
    55.9%
  1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Doesn't have to be 5s only... But how many times have you dropped it and how high?

2. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I have a 5c and I have dropped it 4 times already. The first two times I had not case on it. The drops were from pocket level. Nothing broke on it either time. I had a light scratch on the side that was aggravating me to death. I was having trouble with the speakers so I took it to Apple and received another one. This one has been dropped twice, but with a case

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The 5s: Once, on carpet from about table height. No damage.

The 5: Three times. One on carpet, no damage. One from the hood of my car onto pavement while taking off in a hurry. This happened. :/ The display still worked, and so did the touch screen in places where there was still glass. But I really like my fingertips and wanted to keep them, so I replaced it under AppleCare+.

Then sadly, I dropped the replacement about a month before the 5s announcement. That dinged a corner, but no broken glass or anything else. Still working well as a hand-me-down.

Previous models: Lost count, but maybe I had between 2 to three drops per iPhone model. Usually no damange, or just resulted in a scratch or minor ding.

4. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I'm so anal when it comes to my devices I can't stand it lol

5. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Oh my that sucks, but I'm not gonna lie that picture made me miss iOS 6 even more

6. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

I dropped my naked 4s countless times towards the end of its use, but never had any breaks or dents just some scuff and scrapes. No problems with it, actually seemed to work better after a few drops, speakers got louder and wifi worked better.
    Knocked some sense into it I guess.

My 5s has not been dropped yet, but it's going to happen soon enough. It's in a case right now though so I'm not too worried.

7. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I had dropped my 5 in a toilet (not using it, was washing my face and knocked it off the counter and it went in) from then on I decided to be a lot more careful. No drops on the new phone :cool:

8. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

That's my worst fear, the toilet drop, I read a lot on the phone in bathroom. Almost happened with my 4s but I smacked it away as it was falling and luckily it landed in the bath plush rug

9. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

10. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Oh it will happen specially when ur at a bar/club lolol

11. Knockworstface macrumors regular

Knockworstface

Never and if I do its in an Otterbox Defender case so hopefully all is good. :D

12. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

I have my 5S naked (and will continue to). I am usually pretty careful about my devices...I've only had a couple instances in the past where mine have been knocked up against something. 1) when I'm in class, and have the phone in silent but it still vibrates so I put it on my thigh...and it may slip off after a while without me noticing. That has happened once. 2) Have it on my thigh (now that I'm case-less for the 5S I keep it in between my legs though - safer) while driving and then I get out of my car while it's still on my thigh :eek: (happened to old phone with a case, no damage). Besides those kind of situations though I never drop my phone. I keep it in safe places on the desk and wherever else. I also always have some sort of platform I put the phone on so that the back doesn't scrape up just from putting it on hard surfaces like desks and counters and such. The "1" case so far was in class, and the 1) mentioned above.

13. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Dropped several times with the Apple black leather case. A few harmless times at home and work on tiles/wood, nothing above the waist. The worst was on asphalt getting out the sedan. The case took a beating at the top rear corners. Had to use nail clippers to snip off some material to clean it up. The case did its job nonetheless.

14. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I'm not saying because you know what'll happen right after I do... [​IMG]

15. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I dropped my 4S once (on concrete) in the two years I had it, but I had a case on and thankfully there wasn't a single mark.

I have yet to drop my 5S, but I have a Lifeproof on it, so I'm not worried.

16. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

Once, kind of. I put the phone into a sealed bag as I was going out in the wet, and wanted to put the phone in the sealed bag in my handbag for extra protection. The bottom of the sealed bag gave way when I removed my palm after putting the phone in and my 5s ended up on the floor. No damage that I know of.

17. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Dropped my 5 once, when sitting on the sofa. Two feet drop onto a rug, so no damage!

I did learn the hard way with my 3GS though - never dropped it for 10 months, one small drop and it landed just the right way for the screen to shatter and the LCD and digitiser to break.

Suffice to say I'm extremely careful nowadays.

18. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Slipped off chair onto rug 2 feet down with a case on of course. No damage. Accidents do happen and have AppleCare + thank goodness.

19. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

Dropped my 5 onto bathroom tiled floor. My heart stopped! Fortunately I had it in a two piece Griffin case. The case came off but did its job and no damage to phone. Now with my 5S I have it in the Apple leather case or at weekends at home in a ikonic edge sleeve.

20. AceGuy78 macrumors member

AceGuy78

None, but the aluminum bezel has some nicks regardless

21. martinisovo macrumors newbie

martinisovo

Honestly I'm probably gonna get a lot of heat for this but I've probably dropped my 5 about 30+ times. Cases and without cases. Never cracked a screen or broke anything.

22. pikachu2k7 macrumors regular

I wonder how many "never" voters don't have an iphone 5s...

23. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

Lol how? I've dropped mine a few times on the carpet already including knocking mine against the corner of my desk and dresser a few times in bed and after very thorough analysis it still has absolutely no nicks or marks. Even when I hit it pretty hard against the corner of my dresser no marks. It grazed the dresser, but it was a pretty loud noise

24. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

i hate myself right now for dropping my phone waste high at the club last night. :(

25. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

Once from about waist high, on carpet.. I about had a heart attack! :eek:

I do have a clear Luvvit Case on my iPhone.