How many times have you dropped your IPhone???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tate, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Tate macrumors member

I think this would be cool to see.

How many times have you dropped your IPhone? Did it cause any damage or how many times before it did? What was your reaction when you dropped it?
    I dropped mine once on the livingroom floor (carpet), but nothing happened to it. Boy but my eyes about fell out of my head. LOL!! :D

2. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I've never dropped mine, I've had a few close calls, but I've always ended up catching it. Unfortunately, my iPhone has some cracking issues, which pisses me off, but oh well.

Don

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

more than once but less than 100.

some of them have experieince a lot of graivitational pull

4. army91c macrumors 6502a

My first i 2g I dropped a few times..... aluminum back didn't like that. I put a dent in the top corner by the power button. My first 3g I never dropped and still had dust under the glass. My current 3g (after apple exchanged it for me with a bit of a fight from me) I have dropped many times. Scratched the plastic, very small chip out of the top of the glass, scratches on the screen, (hidden with IS/BA) and I have dust under the glass. So, take awesome care of your i and you get dust, drop it lots of times and you get dust. So much for apple qc.

5. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I have never dropped it. In fact I never sit it on a hard surface. Table, under napkin, desk, on static pad.....It's fell on carpet in room and I freaked out. I try not to even let people touch it.

6. Tate thread starter macrumors member

7. DanielJvdBerg macrumors regular

Hahaha I always have that too. I always make sure my hands are under the iPhone, waiting to catch it up when it falls.

I've dropped it to many times myself though. Last time was this morning in the pool, I pulled my jacket out of the locker but forgot my iPhone was underneath. It fell face down on the hard floor and I was like:
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SHITTTTTTTTTT:mad::mad::eek::eek:, people looked kinda strange at me haha:eek: but other than a scratch on top of one that was already there it's still working:D!

8. qnc macrumors member

I have dropped mine about enough to not even care anymore. As long as the Glas does not hit I'm good. 2G 4gig with dents, scratches(on back). I even dropped it so hard once the black plastic bottom came off.

Still works 100%. Must be lucky. I do have another one that I baby like a new born.

9. Twitcho macrumors newbie

haven't dropped mine yet, and don't plan on it. my old razr got dropped a few times and ended up not working. ever since then I have been extremely careful when it comes to handling my phones.

10. kenkamm macrumors regular

Do you ever really plan on it? :)

11. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Once, not by Me.

Countless tosses onto desks etc. when in a case.

12. IrishSniper87 macrumors regular

I have the DLO rubber case I got at Best Buy when I bought the phone and I love it. When I don't have it on, I'm paranoid I'll drop it, and the whole thing is a smudgy mess. When the case is on, I'm much more comfortable with it, but I have dropped my phone a few times. NOT a single scratch.

And I dropped it on my driveway. :eek:

13. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

14. Emulsion macrumors 6502

I babied mine for a couple of months and had it in a case, then finally I decided it looked better caseless, so I took it out. Of course I dropped it a few days later and it landed face down. I was horrified and cringed as I picked it up, to find it was completely fine. The thing is pretty damn rugged. I've been caseless since then, and have only dropped it once since the last time, and that was in the midst of a drunken handstand on asphalt. It was completely fine except for some scratches on the corner.

15. Bullox macrumors newbie

about 30-40 times :S Still working exceptionally good (2G btw) and have only 2 dents. Took of some anti-scratch plastic because it was bad and took of the rubber cover cause it was very poorly finished. NO scratches yet. Imo super quality stuff :D

16. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've dropped mine about 10X and each time I had a nice leather case or my Incipio Feather case on the iPhone. I've had IS on it since MWSF '09 and it seems to be helping my drops since Jan '09....:eek:

17. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

A ton, twice on concrete, a bunch of times on a carpeted phone when I wasn't paying attention. No case, no damage, thing is indestructible for me.

18. ebrunn macrumors member

19. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

I've never dropped my current or previous 3G but I did my first gen several times. The worst was when I dropped in a car it bounced off the seat and face first onto a cobblestone driveway. I panicked at first but it was perfectly fine with not even a scratch.

20. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I was going through the thread's the other day and I was going to add in here, "nope never dropped". Until the one day I decided to go one day without a case because it felt good, I stepped out of my car with my iPhone on my lap and I had no clue until I heard a little drop of something hard and solid. It was my phone. Just a little melted plastic look on the top right corner, doesn't even look bad. Just slightly melted plastic. Still black, no scratch.

21. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni