How many times have you had to restore with 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ballen420, Aug 8, 2008.

?

How many times have you had to restore with 2.0?

1. iPhone 3G - More then 5 times

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. iPhone 3G - Less then 5 times

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. 1st Gen iPhone - More then 5 times

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. 1st Gen iPhone - Less then 5 times

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Never had an issue with either phone

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. ballen420 macrumors 6502

I've had numerous issues causing me to restore with the 1st gen and the 3G on the 2.0 (and 2.0.1) software. Reading through these forum posts, it seems a lot of people are experiencing the same frustration. I'm curious if we are the select few, or the majority.

Granted, for the most part people come to forums for support, so the numbers may be skewed a bit, but it still would be intersting to know.

If you have, or haven't had issues, please post how many apps you have installed, what phone, and what version software you are using.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Haven't had to restore with my 3G, but restored 2X with my v1 iPhone. Someone took my iPhoneSabre...:eek:

3. olliebraves20 macrumors regular

I have the original iPhone and haven't had any issues.....I don't have a ton of apps installed tho...only shazam, remote, hold'em, pandora, nytimes, weatherbug, showtimes, and labyrinth LE.

4. rufhausen macrumors regular

I've had to restore my 3G once, due to MobileMe's unwillingness to leave my phone peacefully.

5. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

<nitpick>You might also want to add more options to your survey, asking in a range (like 0, 1-3, 4-6, .... etc) yields much better data than asking less than / greater than questions. </nitpick>

To answer your question though I've never had to restore my 3G 2.0.1 iPhone, the only time I had trouble with it came after I finally figured out how to update my apps (and then found out none of the downloaded apps worked :rolleyes: ) to get them working again all I had to do was reset the phone.

BTW what problems are you having that made you want to restore your iPhone?

6. ballen420 thread starter macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, I don't think I can edit the poll now. I didn't want to put too many poll options, as I wanted to make sure I captured both the 1st gen and 3G. Hoping feedback on the exact numbers would come through the postings.

I've literally had to restore 15-20 times. This includes both phones. I do have a ton of applications (about 60 of them), and 95% of the time the need to restore has been caused by my phone freezing up on me during application updates through iTunes on my computer (either on the screen that indicates it's syncing, or it reboots during a sync and freezes at the Apple logo).

I've also attempted to update apps through the App Store icon on my phone, and both times the phone froze up on me.

7. phannon666 macrumors regular

8. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

Start another pool asking how many times people are having to restart their phone every day (press and hold home button and on/off button until apple logo shows).

Restoring is a bit of a last resort, but I bet that alot of people are having to restart. Of course getting people to honestly admit it on this site is a whole different task. I have to usually restart mine 2 times every day to get the mail to keep syncing, and to reset other issues. I just had to restart it beacuse the mail icon was stuck in the pressed position even though I could access other things, it also had decided to stop playing various system sounds.

9. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

10. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I had to restore once, but it was my fault, not the iPhone's.

As for restart, several! Not enough for me to think it's anything more than somewhat buggy, but definitely more than I was expecting.