How many waiting until Photoshop (CS3?) released to get a Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cabasner, Aug 17, 2006.

  1. cabasner macrumors member

    Oct 9, 2005
    Hello all,

    I've been doing some reading, and from what I can tell, the testers say that Photoshop CS2 running under Rosetta isn't any faster than on the Mac Pro than on the Quad G5. I'm running CS2 on a PowerPC iMac G5 (and an old Photoshop 7 version on a new Intel 2 GHz Macbook [don't want to pay for the upgrade to CS2 on that machine]) for now. I'm not sure I want to get a brand new high end Mac and then have it incapable of providing any speed improvement over the prior version of hardware.

    Also, I'm thinking maybe it's worth waiting for Leopard to be released and get the Mac Pro with the new operating system, also. Of course, Adobe Lightroom (Beta 3) runs natively on the Intel chip, so maybe waiting for CS3 (or whatever it will be called) isn't worth it. Anybody waiting? Anybody have any insight as to when CS3 might be released?
  2. Zoowatch macrumors 6502

    Jan 6, 2004
    Sheffield, UK
    i'm currently using a G5 Quad

    and I'm waiting till Adobe CS3 is out and comes in UB... then i will consider buying an Intel Mac
  3. spicyapple macrumors 68000


    Jul 20, 2006
    Definitely waiting for a rev.b. Mac Pro in conjunction with the CS3 release of Photoshop. Plus, by that time, FB-DIMMs should drop down to a more reasonable price.

    I'm definitely waiting this one out. Also, Leopard pre-installed so I don't shell out for the OS upgrade. :)
  4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603


    Jan 10, 2006
    Not too fussed about a Rev B but I agree with everything else. Although a Rev B will probably be out by then as CS3 is 9 months to a year away according to Adobe. Maybe there will be a 8 core MacPro by then?! :D
  5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603


    Jan 10, 2006
    Hey Zoowatch what part of Sheffield are you from? Im in Gleadless Valley! :)

Share This Page