All iPads How much are AT&T iPad unlimited plans going for?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CurtisCalderon, Sep 20, 2014.

1. CurtisCalderon macrumors member

I just got my iPhone 6+ and am wondering how much people are paying for att unlimited data iPad plans. I haven't seen anything specific, just a few people mentioned what they *might* pay, but not seen what people are actually paying.

Curtis

2. Garevels macrumors newbie

I'm fairly certain there are no unlimited IPad data plans on AT&T. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. They were phased out shortly after the original ipad was released. There are still folks who have grandfathered unlimited data.

3. CurtisCalderon thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, that's what I meant. Not sure if I want to keep mine or not.

4. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

There are existing unlimited data plans out there. You will have to locate someone willing to sell theirs.

5. CurtisCalderon thread starter macrumors member

Great thank you! It's the other way around though, I have an unlimited iPad plan, so I'm deciding or not whether to keep it since I got the new iPhone+ plus and am probably going to get rid of my iPad mini.

6. TECHNOLOGE macrumors member

If i was you i would keep the plan and i would not let that plan go. I would say 4th quarter of next year leading to 2016, unlimited data will be gone and all that will be left are grandfathered customers like you and me, so i would keep that plan, or if you really have no need for it, sell it on ebay or lease the plan to someone.

7. aneftp macrumors 68040

iPad unlimited att data go for $400 and higher.

Why? Savvy people know they can simply out the sim into mifi device and use it as portable home internet replacement.

Say u have direct TV. To get Comcast or other internet. U are going to have to pony up $50-60 a money.

$30 a month for unlimited ipad data functioning as home internet replacement pays for the original $400 and higher price tag paid to obtain unlimited data. Plus a mifi device is extremely portable. Good for road trips and internet use in hotels when u travel

8. CurtisCalderon thread starter macrumors member

Cool, thanks guys. I'll guess I'll hang onto it and try it out as home internet for a while and see how it goes.

9. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i have unlimited on my iPad .. at my warehouse i don't have wifi in the back and i wanna use my laptop .. will a mifi device do that ?? and do i need to get it from att or something ? thanks

10. TECHNOLOGE macrumors member

Yeah you can use the iPad Data unlimited Sim card in a MIFI, and use it as a hotspot.

You can buy it at full price at a ATT store, it goes for about 179.99.

11. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

12. aneftp macrumors 68040

U can get it cheaper. Just get the "Go" prepaid mifi versions are Walmart or best buy for $80. It's ATT go. So ipad sim will work. Just need to get mini sim adapter to put it in and work.

13. TECHNOLOGE macrumors member

Thanks for the information, i didn't know that.

14. SeattlesFinest macrumors member

Looking for an iPad unlimited at&t account - please let me know if your interested in getting rid of one at a reasonable price. Thanks in advance either way!!

-SF

15. CurtisCalderon thread starter macrumors member

What is a reasonable price? :)

16. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

17. CurtisCalderon thread starter macrumors member

That sounds reasonable :) (for me!) :D

18. koldlaser77 macrumors member

Anyone here want to trade an unlimited ipad plan for my unlimited data Verizon phone plan?

19. clarencek macrumors member

I looked at doing the same thing since I've sold my iPad mini (now that I have a six plus). I looked on eBay and it seems like a complicated process.

You have to exchange customer info and transfer the account and line to the buyer.
    It's too bad there isn't and easier way I would sell my iPad unlimited plan.

20. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

It's actually really easy.

----------

Just curious but it's not really an even trade right? The iPad plan is 29.99 a month. Never throttled. How much is the Verizon plan?

21. koldlaser77, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

koldlaser77 macrumors member

No it's not an even trade if you talking about pricing. But it is a phone plan that is no longer available that has unlimited data. And verizon allows you to use it in any compatible hotspot modem not just ipads. My phone plan comes with 200 minutes and unlimited data that comes to $65/month. I use this plan exclusively on a jetpack modem at home. No throttle either as I average 200gb of usage per month.

I recently added a new unlimited plan with vzw through the Apple.com loophole and needs a backup carrier for business. I also include the jetpack and external antenna.

22. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I can't imagine ever giving up my iPad Unlimited Plan. I absolutely love not having to worry about how much data I am using.

23. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Sadly, my ipad has cellular. (should have saved the $100 extra for that) But once we went to data share and do a hotspot from cell phone, we never use the cellular at all. That saved us a bunch. And of course wifi seems to be just about everywhere anyways.

24. iluvgadgets macrumors regular

I didn't know there was an unlimited iPad data plan, I missed that. I do have the old unlimited data plan on my phone with AT&T. That's the main reason I'm still with them.

25. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Yes, when the iPad initially came out, AT&T offered an Unlimited Data Plan for $29.99 a month. The catch is that you have to keep it active. I've upgraded iPads two times so we have three iPads in the house. My iPad 1st Generation 64 is now only used on WiFi because it is used by a 6-year-old. My iPad 3rd Generation 64 is used by a 12-year-old and is on my family plan. I use a 4th Generation iPad 128. When we travel, I'll hotspot my iPhone for the little one.