How much are iPod touches when it comes to resale value?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by seong, Feb 2, 2012.

1. seong macrumors 65816

Feb 11, 2010
    Yes, I am eligible to post on market place, and no, I'm not even thinking about selling it here, because I live outside U.S.
    I tried to sell my iPod touch 4G 32GB on one of the used-electronics forum from where I live, and the prices of near-perfect condition iPod touches, including the box that it came with, USB charger, earphones, and case, sell at around $199, about the same cost as new 8GB iPod touch. I'm new to selling iPods, but has it always been like this? I assumed it would be 40~70 dollars lower than the original price.
    Sorry, I should have know better to look up on eBay, but still, The prices range from $150~$250.
  2. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Mar 29, 2011
    Orlando, Florida
    So you expected it to cost YOU $40-70 to have an ipod touch for a year ++?

Wow . . . just, wow. Apparently a dose of harsh reality was needed, and apparently it sounds like it was received.
  3. seong, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012

seong thread starter macrumors 65816

Feb 11, 2010
    Well, like I said above, this is my first time selling iPods. I don't know what you guys do on Macrumors forums, but I see a lot of people just bashing and not giving a proper answer to the questions. If I don't know something, then write a sentence or two and tell me. I have no clue as to why someone would post a useless reply to the OP. I thought forums are about; ask a question, have it answered. I know some people get sick of these kind of questions and say I need to face the reality or something like that, but that doesn't help the OP, doesn't it?

The reason I was expecting 40 to 70 dollars was because on eBay, people are selling it between 150-250 dollars, which, if you do math correctly, 250 dollars is 49 dollars lower than $299 that Apple sells at. And, if you haven't noticed, I sold my MacBook pro. Although it doesn't say when, I sold it two days ago at $800, for a computer that I paid $1199 in 2010, and added some upgrades such as 500GB HDD and 8GB of RAM.