how much are refurbished Minis going for?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mrkramer, Oct 22, 2007.

1. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm trying to decide between getting a Mini on ebay or on the apple refurb store. until i'm ready to buy one I don't really want to constantly check the refurb store so does anyone know how much Apple sells the refurbished Mac mini for? also I would be buying it sometime after leopard is out so would refurbished ones come with the software that they origionally shipped with or will they have a drop in Leopard DVD?

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

You wouldn't have to constantly check

The answer is right here

And from my experience you would get the original system not 10.5

3. mrkramer thread starter macrumors 603

mrkramer

thanks, when do they updater the store, because when i checked earlier today there were no minis on the refurb store.

4. MacAngel40 macrumors member

Hi, I just purchased another mini 6 days ago, the 2.0/120
    I went the refurb route due to the fact that in the past 16 weekes I have also purchased a new 24" imac, and a new SR MBP...so, money was getting to be a little tight in the computer buying dept.!! Anyway, the "top of the line" mini - refurb cost $679 plus tax last Tuesday morning. They update the store in the early morning hours (around 1:30 - 2:00 am PST) and that is when I went online and grabbed this one! The time isn't always exact AFAIK. I have been watching them before and after I purchased mine, and they seem to go extremely quick!
    Good Luck!

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

4:00AM EST. Nothing on Sundays or Mondays.

6. MacAngel40 macrumors member

Also I forgot to mention, like others have said it will ship with Tiger, but as soon as you get the computer you can send the serial # and qualify for the up-to-date program. It applies to refurbs. I ordered my Leopard copy for the mini already. It's $9.95.

7. MacAngel40 macrumors member

8. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

Hmm, didn't know that the Up-to-Date program applied to refurbs. I'm assuming this only applies to the most recent models.

FYI, the refurb store last week had some models in the under-$500 range, one as low as $429:

http://dealmac.com/Refurbished-Apple-Mac-mini-Core-Duo-Desktops-from-429/192535.html