How much are the apple in ear headphones worth?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by senter(left), May 4, 2009.

1. senter(left) macrumors newbie

I was looking in to getting a new headset and I know apple came out with the in ear headphones a little while back. i've heard they arent the best but for its price, is it worth it? I was looking on ebay and you can get them for cheaper than 80 (of course, you have to actually do some work). so how much would you guys say they are worth? how much would you want to pay for them?

2. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

3. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Why get them at all? For $80, you could get yourself a decent pair of earphones, instead of those pieces of crap :p. I have these earphones ($69), which are of much higher quality, and I highly recommend them. If you want something cheaper, you could get a pair of authentic sennheiser CX-400s (there are a lot of counterfeits). If you want the controls, get an iphone microphone adapter; the mic button can be used to play/pause and skip forward.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

They aren't pieces of crap, I have them and they are good headphones. I've tried a pair of Sennheisers and honestly, they suck. Kept falling out of my ear, even with the different sizes of caps.

5. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Alright, I over-reacted. But I tried them out once and they're definitely not worth the money. I've never actually tried the Sennheisers, but I've heard that they're ok (so long as you don't get a counterfeit). Obviously any in-ear headphone pair is a large step up from el-cheapo earbuds. I still highly recommend the Shures. They have good bass, and they sound very clear.

6. geokost macrumors newbie

I think both of your questions here are mute.

It does not matter how much we think they are worth or how much we want to pay for them, it still does not change the price of them.

7. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

People are quite split over the quality.

Most hate the included ones but apparently the in ear are far improved.

8. acurafan macrumors 6502a

they're ok but they are not worth $80. shoot, apple doesn't even make replacement plastic pieces for sale, how retarded. :apple: = overpriced.

9. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

But if Apple did, they'd be way overpriced :p.

@Kardashian: !שלום

10. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

over priced hype, get some Shure inears, their worth it.

11. jeonghyunhan macrumors newbie

So it's not worth it?
    I was planning one purchasing one...

12. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

Its really just your opinion. I have some and they are the best heaphones I have ever had... even better than the Bose In-Ears (which broke after a month).

13. jeonghyunhan macrumors newbie

I'd like to ask, are they comfortable?
    I had a zune 80 before this and they come with those really nice in ear pieces that are wrapped with something nice and not rubbery but they were uncomfortable as hell.
    Your opinion?

14. chriszzz macrumors 6502

Holding the built-in speaker up to your ear sounds better than anything Bose makes.

15. senter(left) thread starter macrumors newbie

i believe i mentioned ebay in there. of course I wouldnt pay 80 for them, but they have a lot of them that sell for varying amounts. plenty of buy it now's for 50, and you can probly get it for less if you tried to. so actually, yes, the feedback i get would alter the price, because it would affect how hard I would (or could) work to get them. and i definitely want one with a microphone, although i did see the suggestion to just buy the microphone adapter

16. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I scored mine on Amazon for $70. They sound great, and the in-line controller is great. :)

17. Oliver.m macrumors regular

Oliver.m

I just got them and i was pleasantly surprised with the quality. The in line remote is really useful. Just a shame the volume doesn't work with the iphone. Hopefully the new iPhone will fix this.

18. senter(left) thread starter macrumors newbie

i just got them for 30 off ebay. they came in and they are reaaaal. i like them so far, and i LOVE them for $30

19. Eyedn macrumors regular

x2 on this, my bose ones broke & replaced them with the in-ears, they are really good.

20. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

I got my pair at the Apple store and paid full price for them. I've had them now for almost 4 months and they're great. My only complaint is that on one side, the little rubber "sleeve" along the bottom of one earpiece has come unglued and slides down the cord. But that's just a cosmetic issue, they sound good. Not as much bass as my friend's pair of $250 Sennheisers :eek: but still good.

Very comfortable. I forget they're in there after awhile...much more so that my old Sony pair. Those also had more bass but they were hard to adjust and hurt my ears. :rolleyes:

21. ZeroCorpse macrumors member

All pack-in headphones are worse than good ones you buy separately... But Apple's are the best of the bunch.

It's sort of like being the smartest kid in the special needs class.

I recommend the Koss PortaPro. Inexpensive, but sounds great.