How much better is the camera on the 6 compared to 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mjmar, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I got my iPhone 6 in the mail yesterday, and even though it's nice and has a beautiful display, it just feels too big! Since I'm coming from a 5 I had the thought that maybe I should return the 6 and get the 5s. Screen size aside, I thought of two things that I'd be giving up by doing this- one being apple pay, and the other being the improved camera. Can anybody with both a 5s and a 6 comment on the difference between the two cameras? Is the 6 THAT much better than the 5s? Also can anyone think of other things that I'd be losing by going this route? I wanna make sure I know before I actually do it. Thanks!

2. r-m macrumors 6502a

I haven't tested my 6 properly, haven't taken many photos with it yet.
    The few I did take, just looked that little more colour accurate than the 5S.

I had a go of recording a video, and the software stabilisation (the "cinematic video stabilisation") is pretty damn good.
    I intentionally filmed with a shaky hand, and jerked the phone a little as I moved.
    The resulting video was a lot smoother than I recorded. I was quite impressed by that.

3. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

How much better is the camera on the 6 compared to 5s

In reality-no. I can't tell the difference between pictures that were taken outside with each. The 6 camera is better, but not noticeably to me when looking at them on an iPhone screen.