How much better is the iMac's screen over the current TBD?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Poki, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Poki macrumors 6502a

Poki

Apart from the design (where I still think the TBD is more beautiful from the front, just not from the sides anymore), how much better is the new, laminated display going to be? Do you think it is a big upgrade over the older one? I know you can't really answer this, but they already used this process on the retina MacBook Pro, so some of you might have had the chance to compare these.

The panel itself shouldn't be much better anyways - just thinner.

2. thelead macrumors 6502

Its probably using the same panel. I guess, if reflections are a big problem where you place your monitor, it will be a big difference.

3. Poki thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poki

They are not. But after using a 24" ACD for two years and after using the iPhone 5 for a month, I honestly can say the colors look more stable due to the reduced reflections on laminated displays.

Arghh... can't decide whether jump onto the Mini + TBD or wait for a 27" iMac ...

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

I would go with a maxed out iMac in a heartbeat....naturally with AppleCare. And I would make sure to get it with either an Ed or business discount.

5. chaseychasem macrumors regular

Color stability isn't something I've noticed people complaining about much in regard to the current TBD. But I'm wondering whether the latter, when placed in such a way as to minimize reflection from external light sources, would truly be outdone by the new screen. Will anything be sharper per se?