How much better is the new MB screen vs the old white MB screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MontrealMonger, Oct 24, 2008.

1. MontrealMonger macrumors member

I`m going bonkers trying to decide what to do. Looking at the units instore, it`s clear the MBP has a vastly better screen, and I would go for it if it weren`t for the bloody size. I love the compact form factor of the MB but I`m not sure I can live with the screen compromise on such an expensive piece of gear. I`ve been using a white Macbook for years and I`m wondering, if compared directly to the screen I`ve been using, would I be seeing a major improvement? Obviously comparing it to the MBP is just asking for hurt.

It`s such a drag that Apple`s only option for a good screen in a compact unit is the air. I`d gladly pay the inflated cost of the air for a MB with its screen quality. For now, it seems like the only way to get a good screen on a 13inch, full-featured notebook is to go back to the dark side and by a VaioZ, but I don`t want to lose OSX. Ugh!

2. kevin222 macrumors member

The screen on the new Macbook is far superior to your current white Macbook. I made the jump from the white Macbook and it's a huge difference for me. Much Much brighter and more vivid. While it's definitely not going to be AS good as the MBP, it's still a very nice screen.