How much better is the X screen compared to 7/8 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Radon87000, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Radon87000 macrumors 604

I am getting my X in December but want to know much better the screen on the X is compared to the 7 Plus I have now. Is it massively better like night and day or just a slight improvement? Does it get more brighter out in the sun in comparison to 8/7 Plus?

2. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Big difference for me

So much better brighter colours and better outside for sure imo

3. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

I’m very interested in this too even though ill know in a few hours hands on

4. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

You still getting it even after bickering about Apple and iOS for days after days?! #FacePalm

5. realpras macrumors regular

realpras

A Tweet from my favourite YouTuber: https://twitter.com/detroitborg/status/926454578027073536

To be honest, I don’t own one but from my 10-min hands-on experience with the phone (I’m in NZ hence I got to do it before reading any of these forum threads so I’m not biased), I can say that the X’s display quality is not bad but definitely not as impressive as I thought it’d be.

I compared it with my 7 Plus and I couldn’t see a huge difference in terms of how the colours look. The screen was also underwhelmingly dimmed under bright shop’s lights.

Well, well. Trust me I’m not a troll. I was genuinely impressed when I saw Note 8’s display for the first time. Not with X’s.

6. bgro macrumors 65816

i agree with this. Have a Note 8, 7+, and now the X. X is definitely a nice screen but doens't have the wow factor that the Note 8 has imo

7. nperei macrumors member

Huge and big different. I had my 6 plus full bright all time now my iPhone X brightness is set 60%. big different :)