How much better?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TSE, Dec 2, 2007.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Jun 25, 2007
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Is the new Santa Rosa MacBook than the previous? Is it THAT big of a difference? I have heard that the X3100 is just a minor speed bump, the processor speed is just a small bump, and the bus speed means nothing since you cannot use 800 mhz memory. Is this true?

I am thinking of selling this one and buying a c2d previous generating with the GMA 950 since that graphics card supports 16-bit color, but if this MacBook is faster, I guess I could stay and hope for a graphics driver update.
  2. Sceneshifter macrumors 6502

Jun 14, 2007
    What for me is a SUPER upgrade: 4GB of ram supported instead of 3. I love this thing!
  3. CalBoy macrumors 604

May 21, 2007
    Don't bother selling an SR if you've got one; that will not be a good equation.

I think that if you're looking to keep your macbook for a while, the SR wins just for its higher RAM max. 4GB for now, and possibly more when higher sticks come out. Just imagine...;)
  4. KJdanReuben macrumors regular

May 22, 2007
    I've read that the SR MBP can handle 8gb RAM. I would figure the SR MB can do the same. Although, that much memory is super super expensive right now, it may be affordable in a year. I think just the possibility of holding 8gb instead of 3gb is enough to keep the SR MB.
  5. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

Jul 6, 2007
    + the SR MB can utilize 64-bit architecture/processing.