How much can I ask for my 15" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nipponfan, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipponfan macrumors regular

I'm getting sick of dragging around my 15' MBP to school, it's just too heavy for me. I have to use public transportation and it takes me almost 1,5h to get from home to school. Thing is I need a laptop there to write my thesis.

I bought an Asus Eee-PC because they are cheap and small. But I can't deal with these POS Windows Laptops anymore, they simply suck. And what they call great built quality I thought was a joke. So I sent it back and now I want to get a 13' Air. It's 1180€ incl. student rebate.

Unfortunately I will have to sell my current Pro, since I don't have enough cash. So now I want to know how much I can still ask for it. Here are the specs:

Late 2008 15' Unibody, 2,4 C2Duo, 4GB Ram, 250 HDD, 9600GT, you know the rest... Battery is dead after more than 800 Loadcycles (1h max), there's a tiny dent on the top right and on one spot the aluminum chipped off (below the speaker grill, smaller than 1mm). Other than that flawless. I'm a bit OCD, so I tend to notice every little thing.

I don't want to give it away for nothing, I'll rather keep it and try to get the money another way. But I was thinking 700€, is that fair?

2. Pyre1582 macrumors newbie

I recommend you do something about that battery before you even sell it. Don't think the buyer would be satisfied with 1H max of battery usage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.