How much can I get this iPhone 6 screen fixed for?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kingdf, Nov 27, 2016.

1. kingdf macrumors regular

The screen is shattered and the right side of the screen can be unresponsive most of the time. The back of the phone is perfectly fine.

Attached Files:

2. blaine07 macrumors 65816

Believe Apple charges $129 if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't personally trust anyone else myself. And you would retain any existing warranty.

3. kingdf thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I was thinking that although the phone is already out of warranty. I fixed a 4S a few years ago at a local shop for $40 but I assume it costs more to replace the 6's screen.

4. blaine07 macrumors 65816

On amazon last I looked a 6 screen was ~$80 but that's screen assembly with ear speaker home button etc ready to drop in.

5. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

6. Matthew.H macrumors 6502

Matthew.H

Just go to Apple to get it fixed. Not worth the hassle of going cheap and ending up with a crap 3rd party screen and no official service options.

7. blaine07 macrumors 65816

Are there still problems with not being able to use finger print/home button that was not original to device? There for a while apple "bricked" finger print reader on devices that didn't have original one tied to the device? Last I knew you could still use aftermarket home button but finger print functions wouldn't work?

8. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Do you have Apple Care? I'm assuming you don't. But otherwise, as others said, contact Apple.