How much can I get/where should I sell?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by durant0s, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. durant0s macrumors regular

durant0s

If I am posting in the wrong forum I'm truly sorry.

I stopped traveling for work and got a netbook for when I go on vacation so I want to sell my MBP and get a new 27'' iMac. What is a reasonable price to ask for my MBP since is pretty much fully loaded. Its a 15" and the specs are listed in my sig and I will also be including 2 1/2 years of Applecare (purchased in 06/09), 3 power adapters, and a TOM BIHN case.

I've been placing it on the local Houston craigslist but I'm only getting repossess from scammers sending fake PayPal emails. I just want to get enough money back to get a new iMac with the best processor possible and if at all possible some extra pocket change. I would also be willing to make some sort of trade but I have no idea where to go about doing that.

Thank you for any help you may have.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

In my opinion, maybe something like 2300$ if you're lucky. All extras are expensive when you buy them but when selling they are almost worth nothing.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Use mac2sell.net to get an estimate (you are not supposed to ask on here, see the forum rules). Sell it on eBay if you can stand the fees. It works out about the same as craigslist in the end.

4. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I agree with Hellhammer. I suppose you could always try at first a bit higher(like $2500 maybe) and see if you have any takers. In the end, you wil probably land at $2300 anyways. Good luck!

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.